bing tracking image
Q & A Icon

Availability of 48 Inch Hitch Extension for Towing Behind Truck Bed Slide-In Camper


I need to put an extension on my hitch so I can pull my boat with my truck with slide in camper. I think I need a 48 inch extension. Can I do this with a Ford hitch or do I need to purchase a torklift super hitch with super truss system? Thanks for your help. My truck is a 2003 F-350 Crew Cab long bed.


Helpful Expert Reply:

In order to get the extension you're wanting, you'll need to replace the existing hitch with a TorkLift SuperHitch, part # TLF1002-30 and use a SuperTruss extender like part # TLE1548. If you'd care to reply with the year and model of your Ford Truck, I'd be happy to check on hitch availability for you.

I've linked to some product demonstration videos for the parts mentioned above.

helpful expert reply by:
Mike L

Products Referenced in This Question

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Q & A Icon

Similar Expert Q&A Pages

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>