Recommended Roof Rack And Kayak Carrier Setup For 2014 Subaru Forester
I need to transport 2 kayaks. My Yakima racks are old and awkward. Im interested in the Malone Airflow crossbars and seawing kayak carriers. My desire is that the crossbars can be easily put on and off quickly, so I only have to have them on my 2014 Forester when Im using them a lot. Can they be? Thanks
asked by: Mark H
Since your 2014 Subaru Forester has the factory raised roof rails, then the Malone AirFlow2 Roof Rack - Aero Crossbars 50" Long # MPG215 will be a great option for you. It is easily installed or removed as you can see in the video I attached for you; there are no other crossbar systems available for your vehicle that are as simple as this one. It has built-in locks to keep the crossbars secured to your roof and deter theft. The weight capacity for this system is 165lbs but you will want to check your vehicle's owner's manual to verify the weight capacity of your roof.
The Malone SeaWing Kayak Carrier with Tie-Downs # MPG107MD will simply clamp onto either crossbar setup mentioned above. This can safely transport 1 kayak weighing up to 75lbs. You can add two sets of these if you would like to haul 2 kayaks. I have attached several demonstration videos for these products so that you can fully understand all of their features.
Your answer has been submitted!
Products Referenced in This Question
- Watersport Carriers
- Roof Mount Carrier
- Aero Bars
- Elliptical Bars
- Factory Bars
- Round Bars
- Square Bars
- Rear Loading
- Clamp On
- No Load Assist
more information >
Featured Help Information
Similar Expert Q&A Pages
- Will The Malone AirFlow2 Roof Rack Be Able To Hold A Roof Top Tent?
- Replacement Rubber Strips For Malone AirFlow2 Roof Rack Crossbars
- Will Malone AirFlow2 Roof Rack Fit a 2017 Jeep Cherokee?
- Replacement Endcaps for Malone AirFlow Roof Rack
- Malone Airflow 2 Roof Rack that Fits 2017 Ford Escape and 2009 Saturn Vue
- Will Malone AirFlow2 Roof Rack Fit Factory Raised Rails on a 2019 Jeep Cherokee
- T-Bolt With Nut to Fit Malone AirFlow2 Crossbars
- Roof Rack Recommendation for 2019 Mazda CX-5 with Raised Roof Rails
- Recommended 2 Kayak Carrier for 2013 GMC Acadia with Aero Style Crossbars
- Recommended Ski/Snowboard Carrier for 2017 VW Tiguan with Raise Side Rails
- Opening and Closing Malone AirFlow2 Feet for Installation on a 2017 Jeep Cherokee
- Roof Rack Recommendation for a 2016 Mazda CX-5 with Raised Side Rails
- Recommended Malone Roof Rack For A 2019 Subaru Ascent And 2022 Subaru Outback Wilderness
- Will a Yakima Cargo Basket Attach to the Malone AirFlow2 # MPG215?
- Will Old Thule Square Cross Bars Work on a 2021 Infiniti QX50
- Malone Roof Rack Recommendation for 2017 Subaru Forester with Raised Side Rails
- Will the etrailer Kayak Roof Rack Work With the Malone AirFlow2 Roof Rack?
- Will the Malone AirFlow 2 Crossbars Fit on My Flush Factory Rails on a 2021 Kia Seltos?
- Will the Malone AirFlow2 Roof Rack Fit a 2018 Volkswagen Golf Alltrack
- Recommended Roof Rack for Raised Factory Side Rails on 2014 Kia Sorento
- Fit of Malone MPG215 AirFlow2 Roof Rack on 2010 Toyota Venza With Factory Roof Rails
- Is There a Malone Roof Rack that Fits 2018 Lexus GX 460
- Can a Malone J-Style Carrier Mount Past the Feet of the Malone AirFlow 2 # MPG215?
- Will 50 Inch Malone AirFlow2 Roof Rack Fit a 2022 Subaru Ascent
- Can Malone Roof Rack MPG215 be Used to Secure a Ladder
- What Parts Are Needed To Install The Malone Profile Cargo Box On A 2010 Lexus RX350?
- Does Malone AirFlow2 Roof Rack Fit 2023 Subaru Forester Wilderness
- Can I Put A Roof Rack On My 2018 Volkswagen Tiguan With A Crossbar Spread Of At Least 1,000 MM
- Will the Malone AirFlow2 Roof Rack Fit a 2018 Volkswagen Golf SportWagen
- Height of Feet on Malone AirFlow2 Roof Rack MPG215