Will a Curt Trailer Hitch # C15809 fit a 2012 Dodge Ram 2500 Mega Cab
Dear Sirs, I have a 2012 Dodge Ram 2500, Mega cab, 4X4. Will your C15809 class V hitch of yours mount on the Mega Cab? I notice you mention it won’t fit a “Cab” and “Chaise” however, I’m not sure if you mean the Mega Cab. One of your competitors specifically mentions and excludes the Mega Cab with their Class V hitch. If in fact it doesn’t fit do you have a Class V hitch that will fit a Mega Cab? Thank you,
asked by: Mark H
Helpful Expert Reply:
The Curt Trailer Hitch Receiver # C15809 that you referenced will work on your 2012 Dodge Ram 2500 Mega Cab.
Cab and chassis model trucks come from the factory without truck beds on them at all. Typically trucks are bought like this so a flat-bed or service body can be installed.
Check out the picture I attached that shows a cab and chassis truck.
Jameson, Thank you for your reply regarding my question on fitment. If I read your information correctly, this hitch does not require any holes to be drilled beyond what the factory has supplied. If this is so can you tell me if this hitch mounts from the top, side or bottom of the truck frame. Thanks again Jameson
asked by: Mark H
Helpful Expert Reply:
You are correct, you will not need to drill any holes to install the Curt Hitch # C15809. You will have to fishwire a few bolts. I attached a video on how to do this in case you are unfamiliar with this technique.
The hitch also mounts to the bottom of the frame.
I attached a picture I took from the installation instructions that will show you how it installs.
Your answer has been submitted!
Featured Help Information
Similar Expert Q&A Pages
- High Capacity Hitch and Extension Recommendation for 2005 Dodge Ram
- Curt Trailer Hitch Fit on 2008 Dodge Ram 3500 With Factory Hitch
- Will the Curt Class V # C15809 Fit 2006 Dodge Ram 2500 Mega Cab
- Spring Mount Interfering with Fit of Curt Class V Trailer Hitch C15809 on 2006 Dodge Ram
- Curt Class V Trailer Hitch Compatiblity with 2015 Ram 2500 with 5 Inch Exhaust
- 2004 Dodge Ram 2500 Class V Hitch to Replace OEM Hitch
- Class V Trailer Hitch Receiver Capable of Towing 20,000LBS For a 2003 Dodge Ram 3500
- Recommended Trailer Hitch Receiver for 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 Rumble Bee With Factory Hitch
- 2-1/2 inch Trailer Hitch Recommendation for 2008 Dodge Ram 3500 for Use with Hitch Extender
- Class V Trailer Hitch Recommendation for a 2008 Dodge Ram 3500 with Factory Trailer Hitch
- Recommendation for Towing a Trailer with a Hitch Extension
- Will a Curt Trailer Hitch Fit with TorkLift Tie-Downs on a 2006 Dodge Ram 3500
- Best Trailer Hitch for a 2006 Dodge Ram 3500 with the 2" OEM Trailer Hitch
- Class V, 2-1/2 Inch Trailer Hitch and Long Extension to Clear In-Bed Camper in a 2006 Dodge Ram 2500
- Can I Use Curt Trailer Hitch Receiver # C15409 Same Time as the OEM Hitch on 2010 Dodge Ram 3500
- Does Curt Hitch C15809 Fit w/Same Torklift Rear Camper Tie-Downs as Factory Hitch on 2003 Ram 3500
- Does the Factory Trailer Hitch of a 2006 Dodge Ram 1500 Stay On to Install Aftermarket Hitch
- Trailer Hitch for 2012 Ram 3500 that Replaces the Factory Installed Trailer Hitch
- How to Figure the Towing Weight Capacity of a 2004 Dodge Ram 1500
- Class V Trailer Hitch that Will Fit a 2007 Dodge Ram 2500 with a Factory Installed Trailer Hitch
- Hitch and Weight Distribution System Recommendation for 2004 Dodge Ram Towing 14k Trailer
- Trailer Hitch with High Capacity Recommendation for 2011 Ram 2500 with Factory Hitch
- Recommendation for Installing a Hitch on a 1995 Ford F700 Dump Truck
- Will Curt Class V Trailer Hitch 15809 Fit a 2011 Dodge Ram 3500 and Titan Hitch Extension
- Towing Capacity of Curt Trailer Hitch Receiver C15809 Without a Weight Distribution System
- Towing and Payload Capacity of 2015 Ram 2500
- Class V Hitch Recommendation and Extension for a 2012 Dodge Ram 3500 with Camper
- Will Curt Trailer Hitch C15809 Fit a 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 Rumble Bee