Recommended Above Bed Industry Standard Rails and Install Kit For 2016 GMC Sierra 2500 W/ 6-1/2' Bed
I am going to purchase a used 5th wheel camper that comes with a Reese R20 fifth wheel and the in bed rails. I am looking to buy the outboard brackets that fit these rails and head to make the installation process easier. Is there a set of outboard brackets for make and model of vehicle or are they universal? I am putting the rails and head in a 2016 GMC 2500 with a 6 1/2 foot bed. These rails and head are coming out of a Ford 250. If they are universal I probably wont need to buy outboard brackets, guessing it not going to be that easy and they will be vehicle specific. Any info is appreciated. Thanks
asked by: Tim B
The outboard 5th wheel mounting brackets are vehicle specific, so the brackets off of a Ford F-250 will not fit your 2016 GMC Sierra 2500 W/ 6-1/2' Bed,
The outboard brackets are sold with the rails, so I recommend going with the Curt Custom Fifth Wheel Installation Kit for Chevy/GMC - Carbide Finish # C16411-204 which is confirmed to fit your Sierra, and will provide the correct brackets, rails, and mounting hardware to use your Reese R20 5th wheel hitch.
I included a video of the # C16411-204 being installed in a similar 2015 GMC Sierra 2500 for you to take a look at.
Featured Help Information
- Article: Ram Trailer Tow Prep Package
- Q&A: Does Truck with 6-1/2 ft bed Have to Use Slider Hitch for Turning Clearance with Fifth Wheel Hitch
- Article: 4 Steps to Choosing Your 5th Wheel Pin Box
- Q&A: Do Holes in the Frame of a 2016 Chevy Silverado 3500 get Used for Install of Fifth Wheel Rails
- Q&A: Best 5th Wheel Hitch That Works With The Lippert Turning Point Pin Box
- Article: Gooseneck to 5th Wheel Adapters
- Q&A: How To Install Fifth Wheel Hitch Rails In A Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Short Bed
- Q&A: Will B&W Companion Slider Base For Ford Fuper Duty Puck System Fit B&W Companion Head For Chevy
- Q&A: Is the Reese Elite Puck System for Chevy the Same Exact Configuration as the OEM GM Puck System?
- Q&A: Recommended 5th Wheel Rail Kit for a 2024 Chevy Silverado 2500
- Article: Sidewinder with Rotating Turret for Short Bed Pickups
- Article: 5th Wheel Hitch Installation | The Ultimate DIY Guide
- Article: Fifth Wheel Trailer Hitch Information and Installation Tips
- Article: Wiring Trailer Lights with a 7-Way Plug (It's Easier Than You Think)