How to Determine the Correct Hitch Ball Size for a Trailer Hitch on a 2005 Volvo V70 Wagon
I have volvo 2005 v70 wagon, what would be better 17/8inch ball or 2inch ball
asked by: Frank
The hitch ball that you need depends on what size hitch ball the coupler requires on the trailer that you are towing. The coupler on a trailer requires a specific size hitch ball, however some couplers are adjustable for different ball sizes. There should be a stamp somewhere on the coupler of your trailer saying what size ball is required.
If you will be carrying hitch mounted accessories such as a bike rack or cargo carrier with this trailer hitch, then you will need a stabilization strap, like part # 18050, to maintain the warranty on the hitch.
- Q&A: What is the Difference Between a Class II and a Class III Hitch?
- Article: How to Choose the Right Trailer Hitch Class
- Article: My Trailer Hitch Doesn't Fit
- Article: Brake Controller 7- and 4-Way Installation Kit (ETBC7)
- Article: How to Measure for Trailer Hitch Drop
- Article: Best Bike Racks for Electric Bikes
- Article: Trailer Wiring Diagrams
- Q&A: Truck Quick Link Kit Recommendation to Pair with Buyers Products 10K Chains with Clevis Hook
- Article: Rooftop Cargo Carriers
- Q&A: 26 Inch Long Leaf Springs For Keystone Cougar With 5,200 lb Axles
- Q&A: What is the Difference Between Class 1 and Class 2 Hitches for the Scion XB
- Q&A: Can Gen-Y Anti-Rattle Clamp be Installed With Screws on Bottom
- Q&A: Which TorkLift SuperHitch Magnum w/ 2" & 2-1/2" Receiver For 2018 Chevy Silverado 2500 Short Bed
- Q&A: Recommended Hitch and Bike Rack for a 2006 Honda Accord