MaxxAir Fan Troubleshooting
Hi there I’m having an issue with my max air fan it’s not working I think because I was driving with the lid open and it was spinning could that be the issue??
asked by: Lee
Helpful Expert Reply:
On the MaxxFan website it says, "Yes, the MAXXFAN and MAXXFAN Plus are designed with dual lifting arms to fully support the lid if installed properly. This makes the lid very sturdy and able to withstand high driving speeds when left open, it also prevents the lid from vibrating and rattling during high winds when the RV is parked. Be sure to fully open the lid when driving so the dual lift arms provide the maximum support for the lid."
I would take down the bug screen from the inside and give the fan a finger flick to see if it spins freely. It probably will. If it does not I would suspect the fan motor.
If you fan is not working at all I would use the Performance Tools # PT89ZR multimeter, or similar, to test for incoming power at the fan. If you don't have power there I would check the fuses at the power center breaker box.
Beyond that, you can email me back with your fan model number and I can locate repair parts or a replacement.
Products Referenced in This Question
- Electrical Tools
- Performance Tool
more information >
- Search Results: maxxair fan circuit board
- Shop: Replacement Printed Circuit Board for MaxxAir Manual Lift RV Roof Vents
- Video: Review of Maxxair - RV Vents and Fans,Enclosed Trailer Parts - MA10-20968
- Q&A: Troubleshooting MaxxAir MaxxFan 12V Fan-Powered Trailer Roof Vent That Beeps
- Shop: Replacement Printed Circuit Board for MaxxAir Powered Lift RV Roof Vents w/ Reversible Fan
- Shop: Replacement 12-Volt Variable Speed Fan Motor for MaxxAir MaxxFan RV Roof Vents
- Q&A: Troubleshooting MaxxAir Vent Fan that Won't Turn On and Rain Sensor Light On
- Q&A: Replacement Circuit Board for MaxxFan RV Roof Vent with Powered Lift Thermostat/Rain Sensor/Remote
- Search Results: ma10a21275k
- Search Results: rv outdoor shower
- Shop: Replacement Printed Circuit Board for MaxxAir MaxxFan Plus Roof Vents
- Q&A: Troubleshooting MaxxAir Fan that Doesn't Work but Lid Does
- Search Results: rv wash brush
- Video: Review of Maxxair - RV Vents and Fans - MA10A21276K
- Q&A: Maxxair 7000K Circuit Board Replacement
- Q&A: Replacement Circuit Board for MaxxFan 7000k RV Fan
- Video: Review of Maxxair RV Vents and Fans - MA10A04751KS
- Video: Review of Maxxair RV Vents and Fans - Enclosed Trailer Parts - MA10A21275K
- Video: Review of Maxxair RV Vents and Fans - MA39FR
- Video: Review of Empire Faucets RV Showers and Tubs - Outdoor Shower box ressed mounted Black - EM59FR
- Video: Phoenix Faucets RV Showers and Tubs - Outdoor Shower - PF266201 Review
- Shop: Replacement MaxxFan Plus 4-Speed Roof Vent with White Lid
- Shop: Replacement Printed Circuit Board for MaxxAir Powered Lift RV Roof Vents w/ Exhaust Only Fan
- Shop: MaxxFan Plus Roof Vent w/ 12V Fan, Thermostat, and Remote - Powered Lift - 10 Speed - Smoke
- Q&A: MaxxAir Fan Beeps, Stops Working
- Search Results: maxxair
- Search Results: 10a20281k~1af
- Shop: Mud Flaps
- Shop: Tire Chains