Curt Single Hook, Coiled Safety Cables with S-Hooks
Will these safety cables stop the trailer from hitting the ground if uncoupled?
asked by: Ed H
Helpful Expert Reply:
The Curt Single Hook, Coiled Safety Cables with S-Hooks, # C80151 fulfills the requirement of most states that chains/ safety cables are used to act as a backup if your trailer becomes separated from your vehicle. If hey prevent the towed item from making contact with ground is completely dependent on the distance between each vehicle for your specific application and the height from road surface.
Proper installation is to run the cable that is installed on the right side of your trailer to the safety chain loop on the left side of your tow vehicle and vice versa on opposite side creating a cradle for the trailer tongue to drop in to if becoming disconnected from tow vehicle. Its primary purpose is to keep the towed item tethered to the tow vehicle but yes, if sized accordingly, and dependent on height and other factors it may prevent it from falling all the way to the pavement.
Your answer has been submitted!
Similar Expert Q&A Pages
- What Size is the Opening for the Eyes of Curt Single Hook, Coiled Safety Cables 80151
- Recommended Flat Towing Equipment For A 2017 Chevy Traverse
- Diameter of Ferrule On the Curt Single Hook, Coiled Safety Cables C80151
- Dimensions of S-Hooks on the Curt # C80151 Single Hook, Coiled Safety Cables
- S-Hook Dimensions of the Curt Single Hook Coiled Safety Cables
- Do Curt Single Hook Coiled Safety Cables Meet Legal Requirements for Towing
- Can Safety Cables be Used Instead of Safety Chains on Trailer
- Do S Hook Safety Chains Require Wire Keepers When Attaching to Vehicle Safety Chain Loops
- What Size Hitches are the Curt Safety Cables part # C80151 Designed to Fit
- Size of Hooks and Type of Steel Used for Curt Single Hook, Coiled Safety Cables # C80151
- Flat Towing Equipment Recommendations For A 2021 Ford Escape Hybrid
- Flat Towing A 2020 WRX Premium 6 Speed Manual
- Can You Flat Tow An AWD 2021 Traverse
- Flat Towing Recommendations For A 2021 Chevy Traverse
- Flat Towing Equipment Recommendations For A 1995 Jeep Wrangler YJ
- Complete Flat Towing Setup For A 2007 Chevrolet HHR With A Roadmaster Falcon Tow Bar
- Flat Towing Equipment Recommendations For A 2021 Ford Escape Plug-In Hybrid
- Is The Roadmaster Crossbar-Style Base Plate Compatible With A Double Tube Bumper On A 1999 Jeep TJ?
- Can The Blue Ox Base Plate For A 2001 Jeep Wrangler Be Used With Roadmaster Tow Bars?
- Flat Towing Equipment Recommendations For A 2021 Buick Encore GX
- Recommended Flat Towing Equipment For A 2013 Chevy Equinox Front Wheel Drive
- Complete Flat Towing Setup For A 2021 Subaru Crosstrek
- Flat Towing Equipment Recommendations A 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
- What is the Cable Diameter of the Curt Coiled Safety Cables
- Flat Towing Recommendations For A 2014 Jeep Cherokee
- Recommended Flat Towing Equipment For A 2020 Chevy Equinox LT