Which Grease Seal for LM11949 Bearing and LM11910 Race on Utility Trailer with No-Lug Hub
I recently bought a small utility trailer with no-lug hub / wheel assembly with a single castle nut / cotter pin. It uses LM11949 bearings on both inner and outer, presumably with LM11910 races. I cant find a part number on the grease seals and cant find them online, and they are shot. From my measurements, the ID is 1.300inch where spindle is, then it reduces down to the 3/4inch at bearings and the OD is 1.781 same OD as races, dust cap. Any suggestions on a grease seal part number for me?
asked by: Jacob
We do not have any grease seals that match your dimensions.
When part numbers are not visible on the old grease seals taking measurements of the spindles themselves is the next best option. But if you took your measurements on the old grease seal this could be the reason for no match since the seals may become deformed over time. You will obtain more accurate measurements using a precision dial caliper on the spindles themselves.
If you can re-check the spindle dimensions using a precision caliper and obtain different measurements there is a chance we could find correct replacement seals. I have included a link to our department page for grease seals; this lists all seals by ID and OD.
If not you may need to replace your axle and hubs. A local trailer supply shop may be able to supply a complete replacement axle. When you contact your trailer supply shop you will need to know the distance between spring seats, and the distance between hub faces (the surface the wheel touches when mounted) on your current axle.
Featured Help Information
- Q&A: Grease Seal SL150 Fits Bearing LM11949
- Shop: Steel Trailer Wheel - 8" x 7" Rim - 5 on 4-1/2 - Silver
- Search Results: grease seal
- Shop: Timken Replacement Bearing and Race Set - LM11949 and LM11910
- Shop: Timken LM11910 Replacement Race
- Search Results: 11949
- Search Results: jet ski
- Search Results: jet ski trailer
- Shop: Grease Seal
- Shop: 10-10 Grease or Oil Double-Lip Seals - Qty 2
- Shop: Spindle Grease Seal Set for L68149 Inner Bearing and 1.810 Bearing Buddy
- Shop: Double Lip Grease Seals (pair)
- Q&A: Bearing Kit for Older Trailer Hub with LM67048 Inner and LM11949 Outer Bearing
- Search Results: fender
- Search Results: trailer door hinges
- Search Results: trailer fender
- Q&A: Hub Assembly Needed for Bearings with 0.75 and 1.25 Inner Diameter
- Q&A: Availability of Hub and Drum to Fit 1.25 to 0.75 Tapered Spindle
- Q&A: What are the Overall Dimensions of the Dexter Agricultural Hub Assembly # AH15450ECOMP
- Q&A: Replacement Tire for Log Splitter with 4.80/4.00-8 Tire and Solid Steel Rim
- Q&A: Is There a Replacement Hub For A 1980 Apache Pop-Up Camper With Fayette Hubs
- Article: Printable Trailer Bolt Hole Pattern Template
- Article: How to Measure the Bolt Pattern of a Trailer Wheel
- Video: Review of Powerbuilt Lubricants Sealants Adhesives - Greasing Tools - ALL647646
- Article: Replacing the Bearing, Races and Seals on a Trailer Hub