5th Wheel To Goose Neck Adapter For A Trail Air Roto-Flex Pin Box
I have a 2015 Sabre 33 ft camper with a Trail air 5th wheel hitch. It’s 18000 GVW and is a roto flex . I want to convert it to a gooseneck because my truck already has a gooseneck hitch installed. Do you sell these adapters ?
asked by: Mark H
To convert your 2015 Sabre 5th Wheel to a goose neck would require removing your Roto-Flex Trail Air king pin. There is not a goose neck adapter that is compatible to work with this king pin because the Roto-Flex king pin plate pivots. A goose neck adapter like Item # CAB-C5G works the same way when connected to the ball. Having two pivot points, at opposite ends of the adapter, would cause over extension. This could cause the trailer to either move too far back and hit the tailgate or move too far forward and hit the cab of the truck and would add too much pressure to the adapter.
You would need to measure the bolt holes in order to find a matching pin box, or provide the serial number of the current pin box.
Another option would be to go with something like the Demco Recon Gooseneck-to-5th Wheel Trailer Hitch Adapter Item # DM8550045. This adapter attaches to the goose neck ball in your truck and allows you to keep your king pin in place. It has a 21,000 lb towing capacity which is more than enough for your camper. It is easy to install and remove when needing full bed access. The head and base separate to make the components light enough to carry.
Products Referenced in This Question
- Gooseneck and Fifth Wheel Adapters
- Adapts Truck
- Gooseneck Hitch to Fifth Wheel Trailer
- 21000 lbs GTW
- Connects to Gooseneck Ball
- Adjustable Height
- Hitch Adapters
more information >
Featured Help Information
- Shop: Demco Recon Gooseneck-to-5th Wheel Trailer Hitch Adapter - Single Jaw - 21,000 lbs
- Shop: Fifth Wheel Hitch
- Shop: Demco Recon Gooseneck-to-5th Wheel Trailer Hitch Adapter for Recessed Ball - Single Jaw - 21,000 lbs
- Shop: Gen-Y Hitch Shock Absorbing 5th Wheel to Gooseneck Pin Box - Lippert Rhino - 25K GTW - 5.5K TW
- Shop: Demco Recon 5th Wheel Trailer Hitch - Single Jaw - 21,000 lbs
- Shop: Gen-Y Hitch Shock Absorbing 5th Wheel-Gooseneck Pin Box - Lippert 1621/1621HD - 30K GTW - 5.5K TW
- Shop: Gen-Y Hitch Shock Absorbing 5th Wheel to Gooseneck Pin Box - Lippert Turning Point - 21K - 3.5K TW
- Q&A: Can Gooseneck Adapter Be Used With Trailair Rota-Flex 5th Wheel Pin Box?
- Shop: Gen-Y Hitch 5th Wheel to Gooseneck Pin Box - Auto Latch - Lippert 1621/1621 HD - 21K - 3.5K TW
- Search Results: gh~8066al
- Video: Review of Demco Fifth Wheel Hitch - Recon 5th Wheel Trailer Hitch - DM8550045-5W
- Video: Review of Demco Gooseneck and Fifth Wheel Adapters - Adapts Truck - DM8550045
- Search Results: dm8550045~5w
- Search Results: drawtite hitch
- Search Results: bw companion hitch
- Search Results: gooseneck to fifth wheel adaptor
- Q&A: Will the Demco Recon Work w/ a Rota Flex Pin Box?
- Search Results: patio kit
- Q&A: Replacing Lippert Rota-Flex with Reese Goose Box on 2018 Grand Design Solitude
- Search Results: triple axle
- Q&A: Does the Demco Recon Gooseneck-to-5th Wheel Trailer Adapter for Recessed Ball Work For Short Beds
- Q&A: Is the 21K Recessed Demco Recon Able to Safely Tow a 20K Momentum 5th Wheel Toy Hauler
- Shop: Vehicle Tow Bar Wiring
- Shop: Base Plate for Tow Bar
- Video: Review of CURT Trailer Hitch Ball - Gooseneck Hitch Ball - C67DR
- Shop: Trailer Hitch
- Shop: Trailer Wiring
- Shop: Camper Tie-Downs
- Shop: Trunk Bike Rack
- Q&A: Will Convert-A-Ball Adapter Work On Lippert Road Armor Pin Box