bing tracking image
Q & A Icon

Upgrading Base RV Ceiling Vent Fans for Thermostatically Controlled Fans


We have a 2019 Shadow Cruiser 193MBS travel trailer with two 14inch roof vent fans. They are manual lift and one speed outflow only. We want to change them out without changing the frame body or cover to a three speed thermostat controlled type. Will your Fan-Tastic Vent Roof Vent w/ 12V Fan and Thermostat - Manual Lift - 14-1/4inch x 14-1/4inch Item # FV802250 unit swap out without changing the frame body and cover? I do not want to take up all the caulking and screws from the existing frame body and re-caulk the roof. Or is there another unit that will work? I am trying to fiond out what brand and model we have. But so far I can find nothing online and has not returned my inquiry. Our Shadow Cruiser was made by Heartland RV Manufacturers in Thanks,


Helpful Expert Reply:

Unfortunately there is no way to swap out the basic fans that come in your 2019 Cruiser RV Shadow Cruiser 193 MBS for a thermostatic controlled fan. You will need to replace the entire assembly which will entail removing the caulking and screws on the roof.

I recommend the MaxxFan Deluxe Roof Vent # MA00-07000K as it is one of the only fans that will allow you to operate it during rain as well. It features a 10 speed fan that can run in either direction allowing you to ventilate your camper however you like. It can also be run with the lid closed acting as a ceiling fan.

You will need Self Leveling Sealant # 34427034145-1 to properly seal the new vents to your roof. At this time it will be a great time to inspect the sealant that is already on your roof and replace any that is starting to crack already. If you are only doing the vents you will need 2-3 tubes. For the entire roof if it needs to be resealed than you will most likely need around 8-10 tubes for your Shadow Cruiser.

helpful expert reply by:
Gregory M

Products Referenced in This Question

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Q & A Icon

Similar Expert Q&A Pages

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>