How Many Yakima MightyMounts Do I need for Each Bike?
It says it comes with 4 adapters so is that enough for 2 and 2 on my old round bar style bike mount? or do I need to order two sets of that one for each bike rack.
asked by: Hassen
If you are using a roof bike rack for a single bike, you will only use 2 of the Universal MightyMounts for Yakima Roof Mounted Accessories # Y03590. If you are using 2 roof bike racks for 2 bikes, it will require 4 MightyMounts. I went ahead and attached a picture of someone using 2 MightyMounts for a single bike on a roof rack.
The MightyMounts will fit round bars that are not more than 4" wide or 1-1/2" tall.
(click to enlarge)
Featured Help Information
- Q&A: How To Convert Yakima Bike Rack From Round Crossbars To Aero Crossbars
- Q&A: How Do You Assemble the Yakima Universal MightyMounts
- Q&A: Weight Capacity Increase for Yakima LockNLoad Expansion Pack
- Q&A: Replacement Mounting Hardware for Yakima ButtonDown 6 Ski Carrier
- Q&A: How To Make The Yakima Hully Rollers Kayak Carrier Compatible With Aero Crossbars
- Q&A: Adapter to use Yakima Accessories on 2019 Subaru Outback with Factory Roof Rack
- Q&A: How to Use Yakima HullyRoller and Mako Saddles on Aero Crossbars
- Article: Basics of Tie Down Straps
- Article: Rooftop Cargo Carriers
- Article: How to Tie Down Skis and Snowboards to a Roof Rack
- Article: What To Look For When Buying Ratchet Straps
- Article: How to Install a Roof Rack
- Article: Stability Control for Heavy Duty Vehicles
- Article: Which Hitches are Made in the USA