bing tracking image
Q & A Icon

Recommended Cost Effective Leveling Jacks For 2014 Thor Four Winds Class C Motorhome


Im new to RVing. We bought a 2014 Thor Four Winds Class C 31foot motorhome. We need leveling jacks and not sure what type to buy. Getting it level is important. Whats the best cost effective way to level our motorhome? Also, when someone walks around inside, everyone else feels the motion. Will jacks help with this issue? Whats the difference in the different type of jacks/stabilizers? Thank You


Expert Reply:

The difference between stabilizing and leveling jacks can be confusing. Stabilizer jacks are just that, jacks used to provide stabilization to your motorhome to get rid of the motion you feel when walking around, and are not actually designed to be used to raise the motorhome like a traditional jack that you may think of. A leveling jack can be used to level the trailer and will be able to level your trailer along with stabilize it.

For what you are looking to do on your 2014 Thor Four Winds Class C 31' Motorhome I recommend the Leveling Scissor Jack Set - 24" Lift - 10,000 lbs - QTY 2 # JSC-24 which have a combined weight capacity and can be used to level and stabilize your RV to get rid of the movement you feel when someone is walking around.

The # JSC-24 has up to 24" lift, so you will need to measure from the bottom of the frame on your RV to the ground, and make sure that distance is less than 24". If you need a jack with more lift then I recommend the # JSC-30-IND instead as it has up to 30" of lift.

I included videos for both of the products mentioned for you to take a look at.

Happy RVing!

expert reply by:
Samuel C

Products Referenced in This Question

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Q & A Icon

Similar Expert Q&A Pages

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>