Do You Carry a Cargo Basket that Doesnt Use Towers/Crossbars?
I bought a Toyota Tacoma TRD, with the factory installed Yakima roof track system. I also have the yakima cross bars and towers. I bought a cargo basket to mount and found that it mounts very high above the roof of the vehicle. I’d like to mount the basket lower, maybe eliminate the cross bars or the towers, or both, still using the Yakima track system. Do you sell anything that provides this?
asked by: Jay M
I have a solution for you. Unfortunately, we do not carry a cargo basket that installs directly into your tracks on your vehicle. However, If you wish to eliminate the Yakima crossbars and towers for a shorter rack on top of your 2012 Toyota Tacoma with a track system, one solution is to purchase a pioneer platform system like the Rhino-Rack Pioneer Platform Rack - Track Mount # RR78AB. The platform comes with dimensions of 84" long x 56" wide x 1-1/2" high and will install into your track system on your vehicle.
Products Referenced in This Question
- Roof Rack
- Complete Roof Systems
- Platform Rack
- 84L x 56W Inch
- Rhino Rack
more information >
- Article: Roof Rack Information
- Article: How to Survive the Winter In Your RV
- Q&A: 2005 Ford Excursion Flush Rail Roof Rack Recommendation for Luggage
- Q&A: What Platform Rack Do I Need For My Factory Roof Rack On My 2005 Ford Expedition?
- Q&A: Do The Demco Base Plates for a 2001 Ford F-350 Mount In Front of Bumper Brackets
- Q&A: Can A Thule Roof Cargo Box Be Installed Onto A Rhino-Rack Pioneer Platform Rack?
- Article: Rooftop Cargo Carriers
- Q&A: Availability of 50 mm Hitch Ball
- Article: Best Tire Chains
- Q&A: What is the Difference Between a Class II and a Class III Hitch?
- Q&A: What is the Maximum Width of Crossbars that are Compatible with the Rhino-Rack # RR42115BF?
- Article: How to Choose the Right Trailer Hitch Class
- Article: How to Strap a Bike To a Roof Rack
- Article: Performance Chips and Modules