Vehicle Wiring Harness for 2013 BMW X3 for Trailer Towing
Tried to get BMW to install this however, there seems to be an issue getting the correct harness. I have a receiver installed and now need the wiring. According to BMW there is computer programing that must be done to prevent transmission issues and braking issues when towing. I would think that this is done by some sort of feedback provided by the wiring harness. Have you experienced any feedback from BMW customers over this with the harnesses listed for this vehicle? Installation Kit # 119250KIT is listed to fit the vehicle.
asked by: Wallace F
I recommend using the Tekonsha ZCI Circuit Protected Vehicle Wiring Harness # 119250KIT for your 2013 BMW X3 as this kit does not require you to splice into any of your wiring. There are several 5 star reviews from our customers installing this kit on different model year BMW X3's. Not a single issue with having to have anything reprogrammed. And since there is no wiring besides the 12volt positive and ground wire the OEM harness would have no way of knowing that anything was done to the taillight wiring.
Your answer has been submitted!
Featured Help Information
Similar Expert Q&A Pages
- 4-Way Flat Vehicle Wiring Harness For a 2023 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
- Is Any Drilling Into The Frame Needed to Install Trailer Hitch on 2023 Lexus RX 350
- Trailer Wiring Harness Recommendation for 2022 Tesla Model Y
- Will a Wiring Harness From a Tesla Model Y Also Fit a Model 3?
- Recommended Trailer Wiring Harness for a 2023 Chevy Bolt EV
- Trailer Wiring Kit Recommendation for a 2023 Volkswagen Tiguan
- Does ZCI Wiring Harness Work on 2022 Audi Q7 Mild Hybrid 48 Volt
- Trailer Hitch Receiver & Brake Controller For 2023 Mercedes-Benz Metris
- Trailer Wiring and Hitch for 2018 BMW i3
- Installation Help Video For Installing Tekonsha 4-Way Wiring # 119250KIT On a 2006 Mercedes E-Class
- 5-Way Wiring Harness For 2017 Audi Q7.
- Will ZCI Wiring Harness Work with 2023 Chevy Bolt EV
- Solution for Trailer Wiring on Vehicle That wont Work But Vehicle Taillights Do After Troubleshoot
- Recommended Trailer Wiring Harness For A 2020 Audi Q3
- What Trailer Wiring Harness Should be Used for a 2004 BMW X3
- Hitch Receiver for a 2018 Tesla Model 3
- How to Install a 7-Way Wiring Harness on 2013 Lexus RX 350 for Powered Bike Rack
- Installing A Brake Controller On A 2018 Chevrolet LCF 5500 XD
- Can the Tekonsha Zero Contact Wiring Kit # 119250KIT be Installed on a 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee
- 7-Way Recommendation for Vehicle with Separate Turn Signals and No Trailer Wiring
- Trailer Wiring Harness Recommendation for 2015 Golf SportWagen TDI Sportwagen TDI
- Recommended Wiring Harness for Most Vehicles Without a Custom Fit Wiring Harness Available
- Trailer Wiring Harness Recommendation for a 2014 Volkswagen Passat
- Recommended Trailer Wiring Harness for a 2016 Volkswagen Golf R
- Will Curt Class l Hitch Fit 2005 Or 2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class CDI Sedan
- 2023 Tesla Model Y Correct Trailer Wiring Harness
- Is There a Trailer Wiring Harness Option for a 2013 Chevy Volt
- Correct Trailer Wiring Harness For 2023 Tesla Model 3
- 4-Way Trailer Wiring Harness Recommendation for 2015 Nissan Armada SV