Reducing Rear Sag on a 2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser
What is the preferred product for this problem with my FJ,the Timbren or the blue Sumo Spring? Thank you
asked by: David L
Both the SumoSprings # SS68DR and Timbren # TABSTORSEQ will help with the sag you are experiencing, however, I prefer the SumoSprings # SS68DR. This has to do with them increasing their stiffness with the the more weight that is added to them. This will keep the ride quality as close to stock as possible when not towing while still providing the support when needed.
The Timbren # TABSTORSEQ is very similar to the SumoSprings, but is made with a more robust rubber. This will have better support while under weight, but will stay at that the same stiffness at all times. This will affect the ride fairly significantly when not towing.
Your answer has been submitted!
Products Referenced in This Question
- Vehicle Suspension
- Rear Axle Suspension Enhancement
- Bump Stops
- Light Duty
more information >
Featured Help Information
Similar Expert Q&A Pages
- SumoSpring Kit Recommendation for Overlanding 2018 Toyota 4Runner
- Is It Normal For SumoSprings Helper Springs On 2019 Toyota 4Runner To Touch Axle Under Light Loads?
- Are the SumoSprings Solo Custom Helper Springs SS68DR Side Specific
- Suspension Enhancement for 2023 Toyota 4Runner Towing Travel Trailer
- Space Between SumoSprings SS68DR & Axle on 2006 Toyota Sequoia When Unloaded
- Recommended Suspension Enhancement for 2021 Toyota 4Runner Limited
- Will SumoSprings Solo Springs Work With Toyota's Kinetic Dynamic Suspension System?
- Helper Spring Solution For a 2023 Toyota 4Runner 4x4 Towing a Travel Trailer
- Recommended Suspension Enhancement and Sway For 2022 4Runner & TAXA Mantis Trailer Lock N Roll Hitch
- Blue Ox Compatible Base Plate for a 2018 JL Jeep Unlimited
- Helper Spring Recommendation for 2021 Toyota 4Runner Towing 3700 lb Travel Trailer
- Best Suspension Enhancement For 2022 Toyota 4Runner
- Options For Reducing Sag While Hauling A Camper On A 2010 Toyota 4Runner
- Suspension Enhancement/Helper Spring Suggestion for 2022 Toyota 4Runner
- Recommended Way to Reduce Rear End Sag When Towing Lance 1575 Travel Trailer 2006 Toyota Sequoia
- Comparing SumoSprings and Timbren Off-Road Bump Stops for 2023 Toyota 4Runner
- Recommended Rear Suspension Enhancement For a 2022 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
- SumoSprings or Timbrens? Which is Better for a 2023 Toyota 4Runner