How To Lock The Rola TX-103 Bike Rack On A 2 Inch Receiver
Hello I have seen some relies about the rola Tx-103 bike rack, and needing a locking hitch pin, but those were for 1 1/4in hitch receivers. Is there nothing to lock your bike rack using the 2in side?
asked by: Randy
The Rola TX-103 3-Bike Rack for 1-1/4" and 2" Hitches is not compatible with any locking hitch pins that thread into the receiver so your best bet is to use a cable lock such as etrailer Cable Lock - 10' Long # e98891. This can wrap around your bike rack and then go through the safety cable hook/loop that is on your trailer hitch receiver to provide for a locking mechanism. I attached a short demonstration video for you.
Products Referenced in This Question
- Cable Locks
- Utility Lock
- Keyed Alike
- 10 Feet Long
more information >
- Q&A: What is Benefit to Stretchiness of Front Runner Stretch Cargo Strap
- Article: 2023 Best Gifts for Outdoor Enthusiasts
- Q&A: How To Prevent Theft Of Your B&W 5th Wheel Hitch
- Article: How to Choose the Right Trailer Hitch Class
- Article: Which Hitches are Made in the USA
- Article: My Trailer Hitch Doesn't Fit
- Q&A: How to Secure Portable Generator to Trailer A-Frame
- Q&A: Cable Lock Recommendation for a Kuat Beta 2.0 Bike Rack
- Q&A: Comparing Gen-Y Torsion Cushioned Ball Mount and Curt Rebellion XD
- Article: 2023 Best Gifts for RVers & Campers
- Q&A: What is the Difference Between a Class II and a Class III Hitch?
- Q&A: How to Lock the Rhino Rack J-Style Kayak Carrier part # S512 to a Roof Rack
- Article: 2023 Holiday Must Haves
- Article: How Much Solar Power Do I Need For My RV?