Comparison of Hitch Ground Clearance for 2021 Toyota Rav4
I am trying to decide between the Curt and Eco hitch. Do you happen to know what the ground clearance is for each of them when installed on a 2021 Toyota Rav4? Thank you!
asked by: Chris
We haven't had the opportunity to install the # EH97FR EcoHitch as of yet, but hen we installed the Curt
# C13416 on a 2021 RAV4, we found that the inside top edge of the receiver tube sat about 12 inches above the ground, which would place the underside of the receiver tube at about 9-1/2 inches. If you look at the provided install photos, you can definitely see that the EcoHitch sits about 1-1/2 to 2 inches higher, right at the underside of the vertical potion of the fascia rather than the underside of the sloped portion of the fascia like the Curt model does.
If an extra 1-1/2 or so inches of clearance is important to you, then the EcoHitch would be a good expenditure. Otherwise, you can save a few dollars by going with the Curt.
(click to enlarge)
Your answer has been submitted!
Products Referenced in This Question
- Trailer Hitch
- Custom Fit Hitch
- Class III
- 750 lbs TW
- 5000 lbs GTW
- 2 Inch Hitch
- Concealed Cross Tube
more information >
Featured Help Information
Similar Expert Q&A Pages
- Hitch Receiver for a 2022 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid
- Will Curt Trailer Hitch Receiver Fit a 2023 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid Woodland Edition
- Most Hidden Trailer Hitch for 2021 Toyota RAV4 Prime Plug In Hybrid
- Hitch Receiver and Wiring Harness for a 2022 RAV 4
- Trailer Hitch Recommendation for 2023 Toyota RAV4 LE
- Comparing etrailer Trailer Hitch e23ZR and Curt C13416 For 2019 Toyota RAV4
- 2021 Toyota Rav4 PRIME Trailer Hitch & Wiring
- What Trailer Hitch will Give me the Highest Ground Clearance on My 2021 Toyota RAV4?
- Recommended Hitch for a 2023 Toyota RAV4 Prime
- Hitch and Trailer Wiring Harness Recommendation for 2021 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid
- Trailer Hitch that Fits 2021 Toyota RAV4 Prime
- What Hitch Will Fit My 2021 Toyota Rav4 Prime?
- Class III Vs Class II Trailer Hitch For A 2021 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid
- Recommended Trailer Hitch For A 2021 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid
- Trailer Hitch and Towing Accessory Suggestions for 2022 Toyota RAV4.
- Does The Exhaust Have to Be Lowered When Installing Curt Trailer Hitch Receiver On 2022 Toyota RAV4?
- Parts Needed to Install 4-Way/7-Way and Wireless Brake Controller 2021 Toyota Rav4
- Suspension Enhancement For a 2019 Toyota RAV4 Towing a 2022 inTech Flyer Pursue Camping Trailer
- Recommended Hitch for 2021 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid Limited
- Does the Curt Hitch for a 2019 Toyota RAV4 Come with Trailer Wiring
- Is there a 2 Inch Hitch for a 2023 Toyota RAV4?
- Will the Curt C13416 Fit a 2019 Toyota RAV4 Hybid?
- Will the Curt Class 3 Trailer Hitch Receiver part # C13416 Interfere with my Hands Free Lift Gate
- Will the Curt Trailer Hitch C13416 Fit a 2020 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid
- Do the Hitches for the 2020 Toyota RAV4 Interfere with the Hands Free Liftgate
- Recommended Trailer Hitch for a 2021 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid
- Will the Curt C13416 Fit a 2022 Toyota RAV4 Hybid?