Which Wiring Harness Fits a 2005 Ford Escape?
Hi, I have a 2005 Ford escape with a v4 motor, 4fwd. The 2005 ford came with a trailer wiring. I am looking for a adapter that fit the image below that Connect to a 4 flat wiring for a trailer.
asked by: Sam
The plug you have pictured will actually not be the one for a wiring harness on your 2005 Ford Escape. If the vehicle was indeed pre-wired from Ford, there will be a connection point located behind the bumper near the driver's side tail light. It is pretty well hidden and can be a bit of a pain to get to, so you will have to feel around to find it. It is typically capped off as well, so that will need to be removed. I included an install video we did of the Hopkins # 40455 being installed on an 05 Escape that shows the basic location of the port you are looking for.
If that port is not there, you will need to go with the Tekonsha # 118426. I included an install video of this as well if needed.
(click to enlarge)
Products Referenced in This Question
- Custom Fit Vehicle Wiring
- Trailer Hitch Wiring
- Powered Converter
- Custom Fit
- 4 Flat
more information >
Featured Help Information
- Article: Roadmaster Vehicle Specific Base Plates
- Q&A: Why Choose a Powered Taillight Converter Over a Non-Powered Model
- Q&A: What is the Difference Between a Class II and a Class III Hitch?
- Article: Ball Mount Basics: Weight Capacity, Class, and Size
- Article: My Trailer Hitch Doesn't Fit
- Q&A: Tow Wiring Adapter Location For 2005 Ford Escape
- Q&A: 4-Way Trailer Wiring Harness For 2023 Chevy Equinox Premier With Plug Under Bumper
- Q&A: Recommended Hitch and Installation Video for a 2023 Chevy Equinox
- Article: Routing the Power Wire for a Trailer Wiring Harness
- Article: Flat Towing Package for 2015-2018 Ford F-150
- Article: Tow Dolly vs Flat Towing vs Trailer Towing
- Article: How to Choose the Right Trailer Hitch Class
- Q&A: Curt Trailer Wiring Harness that Fits 2023 Chevy Equinox
- Q&A: Wiring Harness for 2023 Chevrolet Equinox Without Factory Tow Package