bing tracking image
Q & A Icon

Adding A Tee To An RV Propane System To Fuel Propane Appliances


What would be the best way to easily connect either my Blackstone tailgater or Outland fire pit to my RV house propane tank? I am thinking a tee between the tank and house regulator, then a quick connect that I can connect my grill or firepit up to. I would like to keep the regulators and original hose on the Blackstone and firepit so that I can also connect to a external tank if needed. What part numbers should I look for... POL Tee? Quick Connect adaptor for Tee? Hose with quick connect male on one end and Type 1/Acme female on the other? Thanks for any help you may be able to provide.


Expert Reply:

Since you want to keep the regulators on your fire pit and grill you will want to place a tee before the regulator on your RV's propane line. Most people are switching to quick disconnect so I recommend using the MB Sturgis Sturgi-Stay T-Fitting for POL Valve - 2 Model 250 Quick Disconnect Ports Item # 103537-MBS. Based on the picture you sent it the area looks a little tight so you may have to get a few other elbows or extensions to get it placed right. I highly recommend using a certified technician for this install to ensure the safety of you and your RV and equipment.

From there you can use an adapter hose like MB Sturgis RV Quick-Connect Propane Grill Hose - 120" Long Item # 100304-120-MBS or MB Sturgis Quick Disconnect Propane Hose for Small Appliance - Disposable Cylinder Port - 10'
Item # 100476-120-MBS or others depending on the hook up on your appliance. If you need help finding the correct adapter hoses for your appliances just send me a picture of the hook up and I'll find the correct match.

RV Propane Tank
RV Propane Tank
(click to enlarge)
expert reply by:
Kevin C

Products Referenced in This Question

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Q & A Icon

Similar Expert Q&A Pages

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>