bing tracking image
Q & A Icon

Ark Off-Road Coupler Compatibility For Aliner Camping Trailer With 2" Ball Coupler  


Hi. I am buying an Aliner with the off-road package. I wanted to use the Ark Articulated off road coupler. Reading some of the QandA I am not sure. That I can use this Thanks


Expert Reply:

The Aliner trailers will come with a 2" ball coupler for connecting to your tow vehicle.

The Ark Articulating Off-Road Coupler # AR44FR requires the trailer to use a 2" receiver tube connection. The coupler will slide into this 2" receiver similar to the way a ball mount slides into the receiver on you vehicle.

You will need to have a Combo Bar 6" with 2" Trailer Hitch Receiver # E-9 welded and gusseted in place of the 2" ball coupler that will come on the Aliner. With that receiver tube you will be able to insert the Ark coupler onto your trailer.

I recommend ordering some etrailer Hitch Receiver Locks # e98881 keyed alike so that you will be able to secure both your ball mount on your vehicle and the Ark coupler on the Aliner.

expert reply by:

Products Referenced in This Question

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Q & A Icon

Continue Researching

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>