Will Demco Hijacker Autoslide 5th Wheel Hitch Fit B&W Base Rails on 2020 Ram 2500
New to 5th wheels but is a Demco auto slide universal for b&w rails?
asked by: Joseph S
Yes, the Demco Hijacker autoslide 5th wheel trailer hitch will absolutely fit B&W base rails on your 2020 Ram 2500. The Hijacker mounts to what are called industry-standard rails, and that's exactly what the B&W base rails are for your '20 Ram 2500. So exactly what you need for your truck is the following:
- Demco Hijacker Autoslide 5th Wheel Trailer Hitch # DM8550034
- B&W Custom Installation Kit with Base Rails # BWRVK2602
The B&W rails are great because they are a custom fit which means they don't require any drilling into your Ram's frame in order to install. As for the Hijacker, that is a superb choice for a 5th wheel hitch for a number of different reasons, starting with its convenience.
Unlike other sliding fifth wheel hitches, the Hijacker # DM8550034 does not require you to leave your cab just to make a sharp turn, it will simply slide automatically as you make the turn. And while that type of convenience alone makes the Hijacker a great option, the hitch also has an elite, single-piece jaw that encompasses the king pin, and that jaw connection is reinforced via a 3/4" solid steel bar that locks into place once the jaw is closed.
This ensures less slack between the jaw and the trailer's king pin, giving you a quieter, more comfortable ride when you are towing. The only other thing you will need if you don't have one is a 5th wheel wiring harness, with the correct fit for your 2020 Ram 2500 being the Curt 5th Wheel/Gooseneck Custom Wiring Harness # C56070.
Products Referenced in This Question
- Fifth Wheel Installation Kit
- Above the Bed
- B and W
more information >
- Fifth Wheel Hitch
- Sliding Fifth Wheel
- Above Bed Rails
- 4500 lbs Vertical Load
- 18000 lbs GTW
- Double Pivot
- Premium - Single-Hook Jaw
- 16-1/2 - 19-1/4 Inch Tall
- 14 Inch Fore/Aft Travel
more information >
Featured Help Information
- Article: Ram Trailer Tow Prep Package
- Q&A: Recommended 5th Wheel Rails for a 2022 Ram 2500
- Q&A: Can I Use the B&W Patriot w/ a Reese Sidewinder Pin Box?
- Article: 4 Steps to Choosing Your 5th Wheel Pin Box
- Article: Brake Controller 7- and 4-Way Installation Kit (ETBC7)
- Article: Trailer Wiring Diagrams
- Q&A: Recommended Sidewinder Pin Box For A 2025 Keystone Cougar 2700BH
- Q&A: Recommended In Bed 7-Way for a 2024 Ram 2500
- Article: Wiring Trailer Lights with a 7-Way Plug (It's Easier Than You Think)
- Article: Gooseneck to 5th Wheel Adapters
- Q&A: Recommended In-Bed 7-Way Connector for a 2024 Chevy Silverado 2500
- Q&A: Can Gen-Y Anti-Rattle Clamp be Installed With Screws on Bottom
- Q&A: Does Truck with 6-1/2 ft bed Have to Use Slider Hitch for Turning Clearance with Fifth Wheel Hitch
- Article: Gooseneck Trailer Hitch Information and Review