Is the Thule EasyFold XT Bike Rack for 2 Electric Bikes a Durable Bike Rack
I have read a lot of reviews suggesting the Thule Easyfold sinch bikes and that the support arm mechanism/clamp is not very sturdy or durable. Any thoughts? Am planning to buy 2 ebikes with fenders and feeling a little uncomfortable about the stuff I am reading about the Thule product. Help Please.?
asked by: Jeff
The Thule EasyFold XT Bike Rack for 2 Electric Bikes # TH903202 is a well constructed platform bike rack made especially for electric bikes like you are looking to purchase. It is made of an aluminum and ABS construction that is durable and rustproof.
The EasyFold XT's dual arms are detachable so you can reposition them anywhere along the upright tube to fit bikes of any frame style. The clamps have built-in Road Dampening Technology (RDT) pads to grab your bikes by the top tubes or downtubes to ensure safe transport with minimal movement and noise. The clamps can be rotated to grab bike frames with angled downtubes. The clamps include AcuTight knobs that click when they are tight around your bike frames. This prevents you from damaging your bike by over-tightening the knobs. Thule really thought this system through.
As long as you are not exceeding the weight limit, 65 pounds per bike. So 130 pounds total, and your wheel base is not larger than 48" and frame diameter larger than 3-1/8" then you will not experience issues with this bike rack.
If your bikes have fat tires so over 3" there is an adapter strap, the Fat Bike Straps for Thule EasyFold XT Bike Rack # TH985101. These straps will allow you to have tires up to 4-11/16" wide.
Thule also has a limited lifetime warranty on this bike rack.
We have a number of reviews on our site about this bike rack, including one year follow up reviews.
The following reviews are all one year follow up reviews, so after the bike rack has been being used in real life situations.
"It’s sturdy and keeps the bikes secured. I’ve had lots of bikers interested in this bike rack."
"This is the one. Fast light durable easy. I can carry with one hand. Fast lock into receiver Bikes load fast. Don’t buy that clunky rack that requires you to lie under your car to set it up. You will USE this rack, not store it. No hesitation, load and go. It will take longer to fill your water bottle than it does to load this rack. No wobble. No frustration."
"Strong and sturdy. Keeps the bikes locked up in a safe place as well when you travel on vacation. I use it 4 days a week. Easy on and off when I don’t need it. It’s not cheap, but you get what you pay for. Best bike rack ever"
Products Referenced in This Question
- Accessories and Parts
- Hitch Bike Racks
more information >
Featured Help Information
- Article: Best Bike Racks for Electric Bikes
- Q&A: Can a 2019 Chevrolet Spark Carry 2 E-Bikes Using a Hitch Mounted Bike Rack?
- Article: How to Choose the Right Trailer Hitch Class
- Q&A: What is the Difference Between a Class II and a Class III Hitch?
- Q&A: What Are the Differences Between the Kuat Piston Pro and Piston Pro X Bike Racks
- Article: Best Bike Racks for Fat Bikes
- Article: Best Bike Racks for Women's Bikes
- Q&A: Recommended Bike Rack Compatible With Bikes With Front Fenders
- Q&A: Why Does Thule Epos Have Cable Lock and Locks on Straps
- Q&A: Will a Rear Rack on a Verve 2 E-Bike Cause Issues When Using the Kuat Transfer V2 Bike Rack?
- Article: How to Carry Bikes While Towing a Travel Trailer
- Q&A: Best E-Bike Rack that Fits 1-1/4 inch Trailer Hitch
- Article: Trailer Hitch Receiver Sizes
- Article: How to Choose a Hitch-Mounted Bike Rack