bing tracking image
Q & A Icon

Recommended Transfer Switch For 50 Amp Shore Power


Ive got a 1992 37foot King of the Road 5th wheel RV that has 2 air conditioners. The shore line is 50 amp and the plug for the generator is a 30 amp plug so do I need a 30 amp automatic transfer switch or a 50 amp?


Expert Reply:

Since you'll be pulling 50 amp service you'll want the Progressive Dynamics Transfer Switch - Metal Case - 50 Amp - 120V/240V Item # PD52. This transfer switch will automatically switch over from shore power to generator power and back as needed. There will be a 25-40 second delay to ensure the power coming from the generator is properly transitioned to prevent damage to any components. You'll be able to plug your 30 amp generator into this transfer switch but will not be able to run both AC units running just off the 30 amp generator.

expert reply by:
Kevin C

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Q & A Icon

Similar Expert Q&A Pages

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>