Hitch Bike Recommendation For A 2020 Chevy Blazer
Will the Swagman Current fit my 2020 Blazer?
asked by: George D
Your 2020 Chevy Blazer will have a Class III hitch receiver. The Swagman Current Bike Rack for 2 Electric Bikes - 1-1/4" and 2" Hitches - Frame Mount, part # S64678, is compatible with Class III hitch receivers. This rack has a weight capacity of 60 lbs per bike. It comes with an anti-rattle hitch pin that reduces movement between the hitch receiver and the hitch bike rack. You will be able to lock this rack to your vehicle and your bikes to the rack. Another feature is the ability to tilt the mast down, while empty or loaded with bikes. This way you can still access the rear of your vehicle. The bike is held by two wheel cradles and a padded hook that grabs the frame of the bike.
When in the folded up position this rack has a distance from the center of the hitch pin hole to the closest part of the rack of 5 3/4". This means your the hitch receiver on your 2020 Chevy Blazer needs to have a distance from the center of the hitch pin hole of your receiver to the edge of the bumper that is less than 5 3/4". If this distance is greater than that you will not be able to carry Swagman Current on your vehicle in the folded up position.
Another option is the Swagman E-Spec Bike Rack for 2 Electric Bikes - 2" Hitches - Frame Mount, part # S94FR. It comes with all the features of the Swagman Current except you cannot tilt the mast down when this rack is loaded with bikes. However, it does have a distance of 10 1/2" from the center of the hitch pin hole to the closest edge of the rack when in the folded up position.
I have included product description links and video review links below.
Products Referenced in This Question
- Hitch Bike Racks
- Platform Rack
- Folding Rack
- Frame Mount
- Bike and Hitch Lock
- 2 Bikes
- Class 3
- Fits 2 Inch Hitch
- Electric Bikes
- Heavy Bikes
more information >
Featured Help Information
- Article: Best Bike Racks for Electric Bikes
- Q&A: Can a 2019 Chevrolet Spark Carry 2 E-Bikes Using a Hitch Mounted Bike Rack?
- Article: How to Choose the Right Trailer Hitch Class
- Article: How to Choose a Hitch-Mounted Bike Rack
- Q&A: What is the Difference Between a Class II and a Class III Hitch?
- Article: How to Choose a Bike Rack for a Motor Home or RV
- Article: Best Bike Racks for Fat Bikes
- Article: What is an RV-Approved Bike Rack? (And Do You REALLY Need One?)
- Q&A: Best Bike Rack for E-Bikes with Fenders Step Through Frame and 1-1/4 inch Hitch
- Q&A: Availability of a 2" Trailer Hitch Receiver For a 2020 Honda Fit
- Q&A: What is the Difference Between Class 1 and Class 2 Hitches for the Scion XB
- Q&A: Is a 2 Inch Hitch Available for a 2010 Toyota Prius?
- Q&A: Best Cost-Effective Hitch Mount Bike Rack for Heavy E-Bikes with Front Fenders
- Article: How to Carry Bikes While Towing a Travel Trailer