bing tracking image
Q & A Icon

Creating Adapter to Go From 7-Way Round to 4-Way Flat  


Hello, I need an adapter for my 7 way round pin plug to attach to my trailer. I need the brake lights and turn signals to work . was there even an adapter for this old plug or do I need to modify ?


Expert Reply:

The 7-way round connector is odd as it typically means the vehicle has the stop lights and turn signals on separate circuits which is the opposite of what trailer wiring has so you'd need to come up with an adapter since there isn't one ready-made.

If this is the case you can build an adapter using the part # RM-732 as a signal converter.

You will need a round pin male connector, # PK11702 and then the part # W787264 for a 4-way. Basically you will be splicing the converter between these two to create the adapter.

expert reply by:
Jameson C

Products Referenced in This Question

Video/Article/FAQ this Question was Asked From

Article or Video
Q & A Icon

Continue Researching

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>