Recommended Wiring Harness For 2001 Toyota Sequoia Without Factory Trailer Hitch Receiver
I have a 2001 toyota sequoia WITHOUT a factory receiver hitch. Which wiring harness to buy along with the receiver hitch? Thanks
asked by: Mark C
For your 2001 Toyota Sequoia I recommend the Curt Wiring Harness # C55246 you were looking at as it will plug into the factory trailer connector port underneath the rear bumper of your vehicle.
If you have not already decided on a trailer hitch receiver, I recommend going with the Curt # 13440 as it is a quality hitch made right here in the USA with a 500lb tongue weight rating and 5000lb trailer weight rating making it a great option for towing a trailer.
To complete your towing setup, you will also need a ball mount, so I have included a link to a helpful article on how to measure for the correct ball mount, and a link to all of our ball mounts for you to take a look at.
I included videos of the products mentioned for you to take a look at.
Products Referenced in This Question
- Trailer Hitch
- Custom Fit Hitch
- Class III
- 500 lbs TW
- 5000 lbs GTW
- 6500 lbs WD GTW
- 2 Inch Hitch
- 650 lbs WD TW
- Concealed Cross Tube
more information >
Featured Help Information
- Article: Trailer Wiring Diagrams
- Article: Brake Controller 7- and 4-Way Installation Kit (ETBC7)
- Q&A: What Does Second Brown Wire of a 4-Way Trailer Connector with 5 Wires Connect To
- Article: How to Measure for Trailer Hitch Drop
- Q&A: Hitch and Wiring Recommendation For 2005 Toyota Sequoia Without Tow Package
- Q&A: Difference Between Dexter 3500 lb and 4400 lb Brake Assemblies
- Q&A: Replacement Weatherstripping for 2008 Aliner Expedition
- Q&A: Adding a 7-Way Connector to a 2001 Toyota Sequoia
- Q&A: Troubleshooting Right Turn Signal Not Working on Trailer Taillights
- Article: Brake Controller Installation: Starting from Scratch
- Q&A: Removing and Replacing Trailer Spindles
- Article: Wiring Trailer Lights with a 7-Way Plug (It's Easier Than You Think)