Will Swagman Current Bike Rack Clear Rear Spare of 2015 Jeep Wrangler Sport JK
I have an oversized spare tire on my 2015 Jeep Wrangler Sport JK. Can you use this rack with a 6” Hitch Receiver Extension? I’m carrying two Aventon Pace 500 Step Through bikes 50 lbs each.
asked by: Fred T
If you were to use a hitch extender with the Swagman bike rack part # S64678 that you referenced you'd cut it's capacity by 50 percent so we try to avoid that route if at all possible. This bike rack has the best clearance for fitting past a rear spare though as it measures 12-3/4 inches from the center of it's hitch pin hole to the nearest portion of the rack so I'd think it would fit most likely without an adapter if any rack could.
For a 7 inch hitch extender we do have the # HE06.
Products Referenced in This Question
- Hitch Adapters
- Hitch Extender
- Bike Racks
- Cargo Carriers
- Hitch Mounted Accessories
- 7-3/8 Inch Extension
- Fits 2 Inch Hitch
- 3500 lbs
more information >
Featured Help Information
- Article: Best Bike Racks for Electric Bikes
- Q&A: Can a 2019 Chevrolet Spark Carry 2 E-Bikes Using a Hitch Mounted Bike Rack?
- Q&A: Difference Between Swagman E-Bike Racks Current and E-Spec
- Article: How to Choose the Right Trailer Hitch Class
- Article: How to Choose a Hitch-Mounted Bike Rack
- Q&A: What is the Difference Between a Class II and a Class III Hitch?
- Article: How to Choose a Bike Rack for a Motor Home or RV
- Article: Best Bike Racks for Fat Bikes
- Article: What is an RV-Approved Bike Rack? (And Do You REALLY Need One?)
- Q&A: E-Bike Rack Recommendation for Lectric XP Step Thru Bike at Rear of RV
- Q&A: Best Bike Rack for E-Bikes with Fenders Step Through Frame and 1-1/4 inch Hitch
- Q&A: Recommended Bike Rack For Carrying Two 65LB E-Bikes Behind a Truck and Travel Trailer
- Q&A: Availability of a 2" Trailer Hitch Receiver For a 2020 Honda Fit
- Article: How to Carry Bikes While Towing a Travel Trailer