Frame Adapter Needed For Step Through Frame Bikes On A Swagman Current Bike Rack
I have Trek Verve 3 step-thru also known as a woman’s e-bike. Do I need to also purchase a crossbar product ID 64005 when I buy the Swagman current?
asked by: Roger H
The Swagman Current Bike Rack for 2 Electric Bikes # S64678 is a frame mounted design so you will most likely need the Swagman Deluxe Bike Frame Adapter Bar # 64005 so that the locking hooks have something to grab onto since your Trek Verve 3 has step through frame design.
Products Referenced in This Question
- Accessories and Parts
- Hitch Bike Racks
- Spare Tire Bike Racks
- Trunk Bike Racks
- Adapter Bar
- 24-3/8 - 33-3/4 Inch Long
more information >
Featured Help Information
- Article: Best Bike Racks for Electric Bikes
- Q&A: Can a 2019 Chevrolet Spark Carry 2 E-Bikes Using a Hitch Mounted Bike Rack?
- Q&A: Difference Between Swagman E-Bike Racks Current and E-Spec
- Article: How to Choose the Right Trailer Hitch Class
- Article: How to Choose a Hitch-Mounted Bike Rack
- Q&A: What is the Difference Between a Class II and a Class III Hitch?
- Article: How to Choose a Bike Rack for a Motor Home or RV
- Article: Best Bike Racks for Fat Bikes
- Article: What is an RV-Approved Bike Rack? (And Do You REALLY Need One?)
- Q&A: E-Bike Rack Recommendation for Lectric XP Step Thru Bike at Rear of RV
- Q&A: Best Bike Rack for E-Bikes with Fenders Step Through Frame and 1-1/4 inch Hitch
- Q&A: Recommended Bike Rack For Carrying Two 65LB E-Bikes Behind a Truck and Travel Trailer
- Q&A: Availability of a 2" Trailer Hitch Receiver For a 2020 Honda Fit
- Article: How to Carry Bikes While Towing a Travel Trailer