Bulldog 4 Pin Rocker Switch Not Powering Badlands Winch
I ordered this switch as a replacement for a Badlands Wench Model 68146 its got a few years on it mounted on an EZGO Workhorse. Its not working and I think maybe Ive ordered the wrong switch. The original momentary rocker switch had 4 pins power in from battery, ground in from battery, power to winch out, power to winch in. I have tested to be sure my power from battery is good and it is. If I connect power in from battery to wench out and at the same time connect ground to power wench in, the wench correctly winds out. If I connect power from battery to wench in and at the same time connect ground to wench out the wench correctly winds in. When I install the switch #20261 the light powers on but I get no movement of the wench when the switch is pressed. Can you recommend the proper switch for this application?
asked by: Thomas D
The In/Out LED Rocker Switch For Bulldog Winch - 4 Pin # BDW20261 should work just fine for your Bandlands Winch Model 68146. You will also want to double check that you have the wires going to your switch as follows:
Terminal 1: Is power out from your winch
Terminal 2: Is your 12v power
Terminal 3: is your winch power in
Terminal 4: Is your ground
Ensure your ground connection is clean and not obstructed by debris or rust.
I did contact Bulldog, and they explained that if you're running a bigger winch directly to the switch it will not work because it is overloading the switch. If you are running a heavier winch you would need to have a contactor like # BDW20113 wired in. Alternatively, if you are running a smaller winch, you can use the switch in place of the hand controller.
If you have any further questions, I'd be glad to assist.
Products Referenced in This Question
- Accessories and Parts
- Electric Winch
- Bulldog Winch
more information >
- Video: Review of Bulldog Winch Electric Winch - BDW20261
- Q&A: Availability of Replacement Motor for Dutton-Lainson # DL24876 Strong Arm Winch
- Q&A: Wiring Diagram for the Bulldog Winch Switch BDW20261
- Q&A: Can In/Out LED Rocker Switch be Used for any Winch
- Q&A: How To Wire Up 4-Pin In/Out LED Rocker Switch
- Q&A: Is There a Rocker Switch for Bulldog Winches To Use Instead of the Hand Control
- Q&A: Wiring Diagram for Installing Superwinch A3500 Winch
- Q&A: How To Wire a Set of Kwikee Steps Using Only a Rocker Switch