How Do You Remove the Gas Tank Cover on a 2015 Ford F-350 to Install the Tie-Downs # TLF2016?
Anyone have advice on how to remove the gas tank cover on a 2015 F350 8foot bed for the F2016 tie downs? My setup looks nothing like that in the instructions and looks like I would have to remove dozens of bolts to the side cover as it seems to be riveted to the base cover? Of course the time I have to install these is after Torklift hours. Thanks!
asked by: Christa
I went ahead and reached out to Torklift, and they confirmed what you need to in order to remove the gas tank cover on your vehicle to install the TorkLift Custom Frame-Mounted Camper Tie-Downs - Front # TLF2016. The cover drops down and gives you access by removing the 6 fasteners from the inboard side of the cover. No rivets need to be removed from this process.
Your answer has been submitted!
Similar Expert Q&A Pages
- Front and Rear Tie-Down Kits for a 2012 Ford F-350 Long Bed, Cab Running Board, and OEM Hitch
- Availablity of Torklift Camper Tie Downs F2016 F3006 for 2016 Ford F-250
- Custom Fit Camper Tie-Downs for 2016 Ford F-350 Long Bed with Factory Hitch and No Running Boards
- 2012 F450 Truck Camper Tie Downs Recommendation
- Does the TorkLift Camper Tie-Downs # TLF2016 Install on the Front or Back of a Truck Bed
- Camper Tie Down Recommendation for 2014 Ford F-250 SD
- Which TorkLift Custom Frame-Mounted Camper Tie-Down For 2015 Ford F-350 DRW
- Front and Rear Torklift Camper Tie Downs for 2011 Ford F-350 OEM Steps and Hitch Long Bed
- Recommended TorkLift Camper Tie-Downs for 2011 Ram 3500 Dually
- Correct Camper Tie-Downs and Air Bags for a 2015 Ford F-350 Super Crew 4x4
- Are Torklift Camper Tie Downs Compatible Between 2011 Ford F-350 and 2006 F-350?
- Front and Rear TorkLift Tie-Downs for 2012 Ford F-350 Super Duty with OEM Hitch & Cab Length Boards
- Is Drilling Required to Install TorkLift Front Camper Tie Downs on a 2015 Ford F-250
- Custom Fit TorkLift Camper Tie Down Recommendation for a 2016 Ford F-250 Long Bed
- Do Torklift Camper Tie Downs Interfere with Fifth Wheel Rail Kits
- Will the Torklift Tie Down System for a 2015 Ford F-350 fit with Factory Dual Exhaust
- Best Camper Tie Downs for a 2015 Ford F-350 Crew Cab 4x4
- Correct TorkLift Custom Frame-Mounted Camper Tie-Downs for a 2011 Ford F-250
- Correct Front and Rear TorkLift Camper Tie Downs for a 2016 Ford F-350 Dually
- TorkLift Custom Frame-Mounted Camper Tie-Downs 2016 Ford F-350
- Torklift Camper Tie Downs that Fit 2013 Ford F-250 Long Bed with Factory Hitch
- Would Torklift SuperHitch from 2006 Ford F-350 Fit 2006 F-250
- Will TorkLift Rear Camper Tie-Downs Interfere with Dual Exhaust on F-350 Diesel
- Do TorkLift Camper Tie-Downs for 2012 Ford F-350 With Factory Hitch & 8 Foot Bed Require Drilling
- Compatibility of the Brophy Clamp On Camper Tie-Downs for a 2012 Ford F350
- Recommended Front Mounted Camper Tie Downs For A 2015 Ford F-250 Super Duty
- Torklift Custom Frame-mounted camper Tie-Downs
- Best Slide In Camper Tie Downs and Turnbuckles For a 2015 Ford F-250 Super Duty With Cab Over Camper
- Which Torklift Camper Tie Downs Fit 2016 Ford F-250 Super Duty w Factory Hitch and No Running Board