bing tracking image
Q & A Icon

Base Plate Kit Needed to Flat Tow 2006 Jeep Wrangler with Double-Tube Bumper


Hi I have a 2006 Jeep Wrangler W/Tubular double bumper. What Baseplate and tow bar system combo do I need? I am towing behind my RV with a 2inch hitch. A 2016 Thor Cheatue class c motor coach.only have a couple of weeks to get this done just dont want to order the wrong parts. Looks identical to the photo I attached.


Helpful Expert Reply:

To flat tow your 2006 Jeep Wrangler with a double-tube bumper, I suggest the Roadmaster Crossbar-Style Base Plate Kit, # RM-521424-4 mated to the Roadmaster Falcon All Terrain, Non-Binding Tow Bar, # RM-522 along with the RoadMaster Falcon All-Terrain Combo Towing Kit with Straight Wiring, # RM-9243-1.

For supplemental braking I suggest the Roadmaster InvisiBrake Supplemental Braking System, # RM-8700 and use the Roadmaster Brake-Lite Relay Kit, # RM-88400.

And finally, you may/may not require the use of a high-low adapter. I have attached a link to a help article "HOW TO CHOOSE A HIGH-LOW ADAPTER" to assist you in making this determination. To flat tow your vehicle behind your RV the tow bar adapter is used to raise or lower the height of the tow bar to the "Safe Zone". The "Safe Zone" for a motor-home-mounted tow bar ranges from 3" above level to 3" below level. A tow bar adapter will provide the necessary rise/drop to get into the "Safe Zone". Discover this by measuring from the ground to the center of the base plate kit on your Jeep Gladiator and compare that to the measurement from the ground to the top of the inside edge of the hitch on your motorhome. If this distance is not within 3" of one another then you want to use a high-low adapter. Please note the link to a selection of adaptors attached.

Several product review and installation videos of the items discussed here have been linked. I hope they are of value to you and can provide the needed information. Please let us know what other assistance we can provide. Happy Camping.

(click to enlarge)
helpful expert reply by:
Michael R

Products Referenced in This Question

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Q & A Icon

Similar Expert Q&A Pages

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>