Easy Way to Lock Bikes and Bike Rack to Trailer Hitch of Vehicle
I need to transport my bikes on a long distance trip. I have a 2019 crv with a 2” hitch, Allen bike rack, and 3 bikes. What would the best lock/locks be to ensure that the bikes and rack aren’t stolen while unattended. Thx for you help.
asked by: Mary B
The simplest and most effective solution to lock your bikes and rack to the hitch of your 2019 Honda CR-V would be to use a cable lock like the etrailer cable lock part # e98891 which you could route through your bike frames and back through the safety chain loop of the vehicle. This would essentially lock everything to the hitch which is connected to the vehicle.
Your answer has been submitted!
Similar Expert Q&A Pages
- Recommended Replacement Cable Lock for a Rola TX 104 Bike Rack
- Does Swagman Dispatch Have Locks For Bikes
- Solutions for Locking Truck Bed Camper When Not on Truck
- What Does Keyed Alike Mean for etrailer.com Cable Lock
- Dimensions Of Eyelet On etrailer Cable Lock - 10' Long e98891
- Do You Manufacture Your Own Parts?
- Will a Cable Lock Keep My Bikes Safe or Can Someone Just Cut It Off?
- Recommended Locks to Secure Curt Cargo Basket on Factory Roof Rack for 2004 Honda CR-V
- Locks for an RV Refrigerator Door
- Where to Attach a Cable Lock to a Trailer Hitch to Secure a Bike Rack
- Recommended Cable Lock for the Reese Explore 4 Bike Rack
- Do the Hollywood Racks Cables and Hitch Pins Allow for the Keyed-Alike Option
- How to Lock ProSeries Q-Slot Bike Rack to Vehicle
- Can the etrailer Cable Lock Be Used to Secure Kayaks to a Trailer with Kayak Carriers
- How to Lock a Plastic Cargo Box to Aluminum Cargo Carrier
- Lost Keys For Curt Bike Rack
- Can the etrailer.com Cable Lock Core be Replaced
- Replacement Keys for the etrailer.com 10 Long Cable Lock
- Recommended Cable Lock to Deter Theft of a Honda 2200 Generator on Rear of Travel Trailer
- Cable Lock Recommendation for Securing Generator in Bed of Truck
- Locking Device Recommendation for J-Hook Style Yakima Kayak Carriers
- Kuat Transfer Threaded Hitch Bolt Not Long Enough to Lock on 2018 Toyota Tacoma Factory Hitch
- Does etrailer Cable Lock Warranty Cover a Stolen Bike
- Locking Hitch Pin Replacement for Reese Q Slot Bike Rack PS63138
- Availability of a 3/4-Inch Thick 10-Foot Cable Lock
- Cable Lock Recommendation for Reese Eclipse Bike Rack 63124
- Available Lengths and Diameters of Cable Locks
- Replacement Locking Cable Option For A Thule Vertex 5 Bike Rack
- Recommended Replacement Cable Lock for an Older Thule Helium Bike Rack
- Solution for Replacement Cable Lock for Thule Trailblazer Bike Rack