bing tracking image
Q & A Icon

Ball Mount to Use for 6 inch Drop When Using Curt Rockerball


The top of my trucks receiver hitch is 23 inched from the ground The top of my trailer ball tongue is 19 inches from the ground level. I also would like to use the rocker ball pictured which looks to add 2 inches to the ball. What hitch drop do I need ?


Expert Reply:

The place to measure on your trailer for picking out correct rise/drop is actually from the bottom of the coupler lip. So since you measured from the top of where the ball fits into the coupler you'd need to subtract about 2 inches from that so you'd have 17 inches. So difference between 23 inches and 17 inches is 6 inches which means you'd need a drop of inches. So since you have a Curt Rockerball that adds 2 inches you'd need a 8 inch drop then.

So for that you'd want the part # C45338 for if the shank of your hitch ball is designed to fit a 1-1/4 inch hole or # 2793 for if it requires a 1 inch hole.

Rockerball mounted to Ball Mount
Rockerball mounted to Ball Mount
(click to enlarge)
expert reply by:
Jameson C

Products Referenced in This Question

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Q & A Icon

Similar Expert Q&A Pages

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>