bing tracking image
Q & A Icon

What Do I Need To Flat Tow A 2001 Jeep Cherokee


Hi, I have a 2004 Fleetwood Southwind 37C Gas. Trying to figure out what i need to tow a 2001 Jeep Cherokee sport. Auto. 4 down. Thanks


Expert Reply:

You will need the Demco Classic Base Plate Kit - Fixed Arms # DM9518010 to provide the Demco Commander II Non-Binding Tow Bar - Victory Series - RV Mount - 2" Hitch - 6,000 lbs # DM9511012 an attachment point to your 2001 Jeep Cherokee Sport.

Then you will need Curt Universal Tail Light Wiring Kit for Towed Vehicles # C63CR to sync your Jeeps lights to your 2004 Fleetwood Wouthwind 37C lights. So you will have running, brake and blinker lights.

Next you need the Demco Stay-IN-Play DUO Supplemental Braking System w/ Wireless Coachlink Monitor - Proportional # DM86VR to give you control of your jeeps brakes to keep you and your towed jeep in control.

If you have a 7 way connection on your RV you will need the 7-Way RV to 4-Way Flat Trailer Connector Adapter # HM47365 to complete the connection.

It is also a safe practice to consult your owners manual for both vehicles to check the flat-tow ratings and capabilities.

expert reply by:
David B

Products Referenced in This Question

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Q & A Icon

Similar Expert Q&A Pages

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>