bing tracking image
Q & A Icon

Ball Mount With 9 Inch Rise For Friction Sway Control


I have Audi Q5 Tdi trailer hitch hieght is high I need a 9 inch rise and friction sway control is there a set up you could recommend it would be greatly appreciated


Expert Reply:

We can get you set up with a ball mount with a 9 inch rise that will work with friction sway control, and there is one ball mount that has that rise which will work for you. I'll go ahead and list out all the parts you'll need:

- Convert-A-Ball Ball Mount for 2" Hitches # AMSC10

- Reese Friction Sway Control Kit # 83660

- Reese Sway-Control Bracket for 2" Ball Mounts # RP26003

- Convert-A-Ball Interchangeable Ball Set - 3 Balls - 1" XL Shank # 105TB

- Pin and Clip # C21510 or Trailer Hitch Receiver Lock # e98880

This is the only ball mount that has the rise you need, and the bracket will attach to it so you can use the friction sway control. You'll need the extra long shank of the hitch balls to make sure you have the needed threads to secure hitch ball's nut, and the pin and clip or lock will secure the ball mount to your hitch.

expert reply by:
Kyle S

Products Referenced in This Question

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Q & A Icon

Similar Expert Q&A Pages

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>