Can Demco Hijacker Autoslide Fifth Wheel Hitch Install in Same Rails as Reese Hitch
Good afternoon, I have asked this question before awhile back and do not remeber the answer i received from etrailer. My question is i have a 2011 3500 dually with an older 12K Reese manual slider. I am looking to upgrade to the Demco Slider 18k possibly 21K. will this hitch work on my reese rails? Is the rail hardware ok? Also, is there any advantage to purchasing the 21k over the 18k even though i dont need that hitch capacity? Thank you for your advice. Todd I am picking the demco over the pull rite as per reviews?
asked by: Todd F
Since your truck has a set of fifth wheel rails in it with a Reese fifth wheel hitch we do have Demco Hijacker Autoslide hitches that will fit them. We have the Demco Hijacker part # DM8550034 which has the 18k capacity and the # DM8550038 which has the 21k capacity. These both fit directly to the rails you have now.
There isn't any advantage to go with a higher rated hitch than needed. So if you have no need for a 21k hitch the 18k hitch would work great.
Products Referenced in This Question
- Fifth Wheel Hitch
- Sliding Fifth Wheel
- Above Bed Rails
- 4500 lbs Vertical Load
- 18000 lbs GTW
- Double Pivot
- Premium - Single-Hook Jaw
- 16-1/2 - 19-1/4 Inch Tall
- 14 Inch Fore/Aft Travel
more information >
- Q&A: Recommended Ford Puck System Side Plates for Demco Hijacker 5th Wheel Hitch
- Q&A: Does Truck with 6-1/2 ft bed Have to Use Slider Hitch for Turning Clearance with Fifth Wheel Hitch
- Q&A: Fifth Wheel Rail Kit for 2016 Ford F-350 for Demco Hijacker Hitch
- Q&A: Dodge 5th Wheel Hitch Head Compatibility with Ford Super Duty
- Q&A: Will The Adapter Plate DM6333 Work With The Demco Under Bed Rails DM8551004
- Q&A: Is There Supposed to Be Gap Between Side Plates on Demco Autoslide Locking Plate for Lippert Rhino
- Article: 4 Steps to Choosing Your 5th Wheel Pin Box
- Q&A: Recommended Air Bags and Compressor w/ a Tank for a 2016 Ford F-350
- Article: How Do Portable Generators Work? A Beginner's Guide to Powering Your Life
- Article: Guide to Choosing the Best Truck for 5th-Wheel Towing
- Article: Sidewinder with Rotating Turret for Short Bed Pickups
- Article: Ram Trailer Tow Prep Package
- Article: Stability Control for Heavy Duty Vehicles
- Article: How Much Solar Power Do I Need For My RV?