Recommended Demco Hijacker 5th Wheel Hitch For 2022 Ford F-250 Super Duty With OEM Prep Package
HI , I am looking at a Demco sliding hitch DM8550034 . I couldnt find the weight of the hitch its self, also will this fit in a 22 ford superduty 250 or 350 with a factory 5th wheel hitch prep 6 3/4 bed.. will it fit direct or does it need any other parts to install ?
asked by: Timothy L
The Demco Hijacker Autoslide 5th Wheel Trailer Hitch w/ Slider, # DM8550034 that you linked to weighs about 270 lbs. and is designed to attach to universal above-bed base rails that are sold separately.
For a 2022 Ford F-250/F-350 Super Duty, 6-3/4' bed with the factory prep package, I suggest the Demco Hijacker Autoslide 5th Wheel Hitch w/ Slider, # DM8550038. This is a 21K version of the hitch you referenced and designed to mount using the factory prep package system instead of an aftermarket above bed rail system (ISR). This hitch comes pre-assembled for an easy installation. All you have to do is bolt on the side plates and attach the head to the hitch base.
The side plates have 2 functions. They contain the feet that fit into your OEM tow package receivers, and they allow you to raise or lower the hitch head to better match your pin box height. After you choose your desired height setting, simply bolt the side plates to the hitch base with the included hardware. Then lower the hitch into the 4 puck receivers in your truck bed. Turn the handles to lock the feet into the pucks and secure the handles with the included safety pins. The hitch can be removed to give you full truck bed access. Simply remove the safety pins, turn the handles to unlock the feet, and lift the hitch out of the receivers.
Please note the linked product review and installation videos below.
Products Referenced in This Question
- Fifth Wheel Hitch
- Sliding Fifth Wheel
- OEM - Ford
- 5250 lbs Vertical Load
- 21000 lbs GTW
- Double Pivot
- Premium - Single-Hook Jaw
- 15-1/2 - 18-1/4 Inch Tall
- 14 Inch Fore/Aft Travel
more information >
Featured Help Information
- Q&A: Does Truck with 6-1/2 ft bed Have to Use Slider Hitch for Turning Clearance with Fifth Wheel Hitch
- Article: 4 Steps to Choosing Your 5th Wheel Pin Box
- Q&A: Do I Have to Have a Sliding 5th Wheel Hitch in a Short Bed Truck
- Q&A: Are Capture Plates Needed When Using the Demco Autoslide With a Lippert Road Armor Pin Box
- Article: Sidewinder with Rotating Turret for Short Bed Pickups
- Q&A: Will the B&W Companion Fit Into OEM Pucks on a 2024 Chevrolet Silverado 2500
- Q&A: Do I Need a Capture Plate for a Rota Flex Pin Box?
- Article: Ram Trailer Tow Prep Package
- Q&A: Side Plates Needed To Install Demco 21K Autoslide 5th Wheel Hitch In a 2023 GMC Sierra 3500 Puck Bed
- Q&A: Recommended Autosliding Hitch and 5th Wheel Rails for a 2023 Ram 2500
- Article: Gooseneck to 5th Wheel Adapters
- Article: Guide to Choosing the Best Truck for 5th-Wheel Towing
- Article: Fifth Wheel Trailer Hitch Information and Installation Tips
- Article: How to Measure for Travel Trailer and Fifth Wheel Steps