bing tracking image
Q & A Icon

Recommended Air Conditioning Option For A Tear Camper


I am looking for an AC unit for a Tear camper. The interior is 4foot x 6.6. Thank you


Expert Reply:

Due to the design of a teardrop camper and limited space most owners install a vent with a fan like the MaxxFan Deluxe Roof Vent w/ 12V Fan, Thermostat, and Remote - Powered Lift - 10 Speed - White # MA00-07000K. A full sized RV air conditioner like the # ACM135C would be too large and wouldn't fit the slope of the roof. I have seen people use small residential window air conditioners and run tubing from the unit to the RV though.

The # MA00-07000K has a built-in rain shield that protects the interior of your RV or camper from rainwater. The reversible, 10-speed fan has a thermostat to regulate airflow inside your RV and allows you to either bring air in or exhaust air out or circulate air like a ceiling fan when the vent is closed. The remote control with LCD screen allows you to set the thermostat and the fan speed and direction. This fan its roofs 1-1/8" to 6-1/2" thick and requires a cutout hole size of 14" wide x 14" long.

expert reply by:
Kevin C

Products Referenced in This Question

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Q & A Icon

Similar Expert Q&A Pages

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>