bing tracking image
Q & A Icon

I Need Both The 4 Flat And 7 Way Trailer Wiring Connectors For My 2022 Chevy Traverse


I want to add a 4 flat and 7 way pug to the back of my new 2022 Chevy Traverse. I saw the HM40975, but it doesn't come with any wiring. Then I saw the Tekonsha 118287, but it only has the 7 way. Is there a way to get both and have it plug in to my car?


Expert Reply:

You are correct in that the Hopkins # HM40975 will not come with any wiring as it is intended as a factory replacement for an existing damaged one, and that the Tekonsha # 118287 will only have the 7 Way connection and not the 4 Flat. With that said, you will have two options.

First is to go with the Tekonsha # 118287 and use a 7 to 4 adapter, like the Pollak # PK12716. Personally, I am not preferable to these as I am prone to misplacing and/or losing things. They do work perfectly fine though, so if you have a dedicated towing accessories bag or something, it will do the job you need it to.

However, option two is more elegant, so to say. This will be the more expensive way to go, but you can actually get both the Hopkins # HM40975 and the Tekonsha # 118287 and combine the two together. I went out to our warehouse and made sure this worked before suggesting it, but the wiring that comes with the # 118287 fits perfectly into the back of the # HM40975. This will be a much more factory look and you will not need to keep track of the adapter. This is the way I would do it.

Hopkins and Tekonsha Connector Plugs
Hopkins and Tekonsha Connector Plugs
(click to enlarge)
expert reply by:
Lazer S

Products Referenced in This Question

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Q & A Icon

Similar Expert Q&A Pages

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>