HydraStar Integrated Brake Controller Module For HydraStar Hydraulic Brakes and 2015 GMC Sierra 2500
I have a 2015 gmc diesel 2500 ,looking at your compatibility chart it looks like the OEM controller is not compatible unless you us a HBA-CAM what is this
asked by: Dave R
You are correct that when you install the HydraStar Marine Electric Over Hydraulic Actuator w/ Breakaway and 7-Way RV Harness # HS381-9067 your 2015 GMC Sierra 2500HD Diesel will need the HydraStar Electric Over Hydraulic Actuator Adapter Module # HBA-CAM.
The HydraStar Electric Over Hydraulic Actuator Adapter Module # HBA-CAM takes the brake signal from your Sierra and uses it to apply the brakes properly on the trailer. It also tells the truck that everything is braking as it should be so the integrated factory controller does not send a code to the truck.
Products Referenced in This Question
- Accessories and Parts
- Brake Actuator
- Disc Brakes
- Hydraulic Drum Brakes
more information >
- Article: Parts Needed to Add Hydraulic Disc Brakes to a Trailer
- Q&A: Replacement Coupler For Boat Trailer Bolt On Surge Coupler Switched to Electric Actuated Brakes
- Q&A: Comparing Demco Channel Tongue Trailer Couplers # DM16080-95 & # DM15931-95
- Q&A: What Are The Differences Between The HydraStar # HS381-9067 and HS481-8067?
- Article: Adding Electric Over Hydraulic Disc Brakes
- Q&A: Best Kit to Convert Boat Trailer from Surge Brakes to Electric Over Hydraulic
- Article: Parts Needed to Add Electric Drum Brakes to a Trailer
- Q&A: Can Electric Brakes be Used on a Boat Trailer
- Q&A: Does the HydraStar Vented Marine Electric Over Hydraulic Actuator for Disc Brakes # HS481-8067
- Article: How to Bleed Your Trailer Surge Brakes
- Q&A: Converting Trailer from Surge Brakes to Electric Brakes
- Article: Trailer Wiring Diagrams
- Article: Brake Controller 7- and 4-Way Installation Kit (ETBC7)
- Article: What are the Common Types of Propane Fittings Used on RVs?