Recommended Suspension Enhancement for 2015 Nissan Frontier Towing 5,000 Pound Travel Trailer
Looking at these Sumo helper springs on ETrailer… I’m seeing the blues +1K pounds and black +1500 pounds assuming the black ones would be too stiff? I tow a 5000 pound + or - a few hundred pounds RV. What do you guys think? Blue or black? I don’t want my ride to be too stiff when I not towing.
asked by: Rick G
Helpful Expert Reply:
For your 2015 Nissan Frontier I would recommend the SumoSprings Solo Custom Helper Springs # SSR-610-40, which are the blue SumoSprings. Although SumoSprings are pretty good about not affecting your unloaded ride quality you're right, the others would be more stiff. The additional weight capacity wouldn't be necessary either.
These helper springs will keep you level when towing while absorbing bumps and shocks. They have progressive load control and a microcellular urethane construction. They feature a no-drill installation and are made in the USA.
I have attached some review and installation videos for your reference.
(click to enlarge)
Your answer has been submitted!
Featured Help Information
Similar Expert Q&A Pages
- Recommended SumoSprings For A 2017 Mercedes-Benz Sprinter 3500 Dually Motorhome
- Recommended Rear Suspension Enhancement For Preventing Sway In 2016 Ford F-150 W/ Truck Bed Camper
- How to Minimize 2018 Toyota Tundra Sway While Towing a Heavy Trailer
- Suspension Enhancement for 2020 Toyota Tundra to Help with Ride Quality and Stability
- What is the Height of the SumoSprings Solo Custom Helper Springs # SSR-610-40
- Height of SumoSprings Campatible with 2008 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner
- Suspension Enhancement Recommendation for a 2010 Toyota Tundra
- Option for SumoSprings on a 2016 Tundra with Aftermarket Suspension
- Differences Between SumoSprings Kits For 2020 Toyota Tundra
- Which SumoSpring Kit for 2017 Toyota Tundra
- Rear Suspension Enhancement Recommendation for a 2016 Toyota Tacoma
- SumoSprings Recommendation for a 2015 Toyota Tundra Towing 22 ft Camper with Dirt Bikes in Bed
- Suspension Enhancement Recommendation for 2003 Toyota Tundra
- Rear Helper Springs for a 2013 Toyota Tacoma
- How to Pick Out SumoSprings Suspension Enhancement for 2016 Ford F-250
- How Much Clearance Between SumoSprings # SSR-610-40 and Frame on an Unloaded 2015 Toyota Tundra
- Is There Any Advantage in Using SumoSprings With Weight Distribution on a 2016 Toyota Tacoma
- What Rear SumoSprings do You Recommend for My 2021 Toyota Tacoma 4x4?
- Color Choices of # SSR-610-40 Sumo Springs for 2011 Toyota Tundra
- Can the SuperSprings and SumoSprings Be Used Together On a 2007 Toyota Tundra
- Recommendation to Relieve Pressure on Weight Distribution System
- What is the Torque Spec of the Factory U-Bolts on a 2011 Toyota Tacoma
- Which SumoSprings for 2006 Toyota Tundra Towing 4400-lbs Trailer and Carrying 600-lbs ATV in Bed
- Dimensions of Spring Included in SumoSprings Solo Custom Helper Spring Kit SSR-610-40
- Recommended Suspension Enhancement to Level 2016 Toyota Tacoma when Towing Trailer
- Jounce Bumper Suspension Enhancement Recommendation for a 2015 Toyota Tacoma
- SumoSprings Fit for 2017 Toyota Tacoma
- 2004 Toyota Tundra Sumo Springs with RoadActive Suspension
- Best Suspension Enhancement for 2021 Toyota Tundra