bing tracking image
Q & A Icon

Recommended RV Surge Protector And Power Cable Adapter For A 30 Amp RV In 50 Amp Service


Trailer is 30 amp....park only has 50 amp sites....which protector do I use?


Expert Reply:

When it comes to surge protectors for an RV you'll always use a surge protector that matches the amperage of the Rv's system. So you would need a 30 amp surge protector like the Power Watchdog Surge Protector with Bluetooth # HU97FR. This Power Watchdog will not only protector your RV from electronics safe from power spikes but will also alert you if there are any other problems. You can use the free smartphone app to monitor your system and get notified if low or high voltage is detected.

Since the site you're staying at has 50 amp service you'll need to plug your RV's power cord into the surge protector and then plug the surge protector into a 30 amp to 50 amp adapter cord like the Mighty Cord RV Power Cord Adapter # A10-5030FHVP.

expert reply by:
Kevin C

Products Referenced in This Question

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Q & A Icon

Similar Expert Q&A Pages

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>