bing tracking image
Q & A Icon

Identifying a Gooseneck Hitch and Upgrading to a Turnover Ball on a 2002 Dodge Ram 3500


I have a 2002 Dodge Ram 3500 with 8’ bed. It currently has a gooseneck hitch with a ball that’s bolted in. I’d love to convert it to a turnover ball. I’ve looked and can’t see any manufacturers names or logos. Do you have any suggestions on how to determine what brand this hitch is?


Expert Reply:

Most of the manufacturers put their logo on the bracket you can see inside the wheel well. I have attached a picture of how B&W labels theirs. It being a 2002 Ram I can imagine any sticker or decal long ago wearing off. I suggest getting underneath there with a rag and trying to clean off the steel and see if there are any markings stamped into the side.

To update your 2002 Ram 3500 to a turnover ball system you are going to want the B&W Turnoverball Underbed Gooseneck Trailer Hitch w/ Custom Installation Kit - 30,000 lbs item # BWGNRK1394. With the B&W Turnoverball underbed gooseneck trailer hitch you get the best of both worlds. When you go to tow, the Turnoverball creates a sturdy, dependable connection for your gooseneck trailer. When you're done towing, you can stow the ball upside down in the hitch to get full bed access and a clean appearance. This feature also helps with retention. You don't have to worry about storing the ball someplace or worrying about it walking away.

B&W Turnover ball label
B&W Turnover ball label
(click to enlarge)
expert reply by:
Jerred H

Products Referenced in This Question

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Q & A Icon

Similar Expert Q&A Pages

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>