Aftermarket Hitch Options for 2010 Ford F150 With Bent OEM Hitch
My truck has a factory hitch that is not in good shape. It is bent and I really cant use the one that is currently on my truck. I need a replacement for the factory installed hitch. Would this one work or do you have any that would work?
asked by: Kevin P
I did some checking, and found that the hitch on your 2010 Ford F-150 is fully integrated into the bumper brackets so you can't just remove the existing OEM hitch and replace it with an aftermarket hitch like the Draw-Tite # 75691 you'd looked at. That's the bad news, but there are options.
• You can go to a salvage yard and find a 2009-2014 F-150 that wasn't equipped with the factory hitch, and get
the bumper and bumper brackets off of it and use those to replace what's existing on your truck. Once that's
done, you can install the # 75691 hitch.
• Your other option would be to leave the existing hitch in place, and install the TorkLift Hero Super Hitch, part #
TLF1005H. The Torklift hitch is specifically designed for trucks with the factory hitch.
The TorkLift hitch is an awesome piece of equipment, but it's pretty pricey. If it were my truck, I'd go with option # 1 if at all possible.
Products Referenced in This Question
- Trailer Hitch
- Custom Fit Hitch
- Class IV
- 800 lbs TW
- 8000 lbs GTW
- 15000 lbs WD GTW
- 2 Inch Hitch
- 1500 lbs WD TW
- Visible Cross Tube
more information >
Featured Help Information
- Article: How to Choose the Right Trailer Hitch Class
- Article: Brake Controller 7- and 4-Way Installation Kit (ETBC7)
- Q&A: Recommended Trailer Hitch for a Isuzu Box Truck
- Q&A: What is the Difference Between a Class II and a Class III Hitch?
- Q&A: Slide Topper Recommendation for Box Width of 90.5 Inches on Gulf Stream Vintage 23BHS
- Article: 5 Things to Know About Weight Distribution Hitches
- Q&A: Recommended Flat Towing Parts for a 2023 Ford Maverick
- Article: Determining Trailer Tongue Weight
- Article: Brake Controller Installation: Starting from Scratch
- Article: My Trailer Hitch Doesn't Fit
- Q&A: Factory Connection Point to Install a Trailer Brake Controller on a 2014 Ford F-150
- Q&A: Can Timbren Helper Springs be Installed on a 2007 Ford F-150 with a Slight Lift
- Q&A: Could Hanging Scale be Used to Measure Tongue Weight
- Article: Wiring Trailer Lights with a 4-Way Plug (It's Easier Than You Think)