bing tracking image
Q & A Icon

Surge Protector for 50 amp Service Used With 30 amp Service  


I have a camper with 50A service but not all camp grounds or camp sites offer 50A service, some offer only 30A or 20A. Is there a surge suppressor that will connect to a 50A camper but can be used effectively on 50A, 30A, or 20A service by simply using adaptors 50A to 30A, 30A to 20A Thank you..


Expert Reply:

No problem, you want to match your surge protector to the rating of your service. So for your 50 amp service RV, you will want to use the Portable Power Watchdog Surge Protector with Bluetooth and Emergency Shut Down - 50 Amp, # HU87FR. This surge protector prevents damage to your RV from power spikes and sustained high or low voltage and when needed to be used with a 30 amp service, use the Mighty Cord RV Power Cord Adapter Plug - 50 Amp Female to 30 Amp Male, # A10-3050AVP. Or the Mighty Cord 30 Amp to 15 Amp, # A10-1530ARDVP.

expert reply by:
Michael R

Products Referenced in This Question

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Q & A Icon

Continue Researching

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>