What Roof Rack and Kayak Carrier do You Recommend for My Bare-Roof 2013 Dodge Grand Caravan?
I have a 2013 Dodge Grand Caravan AVP that has a naked roof, no factory rails. When I bought the van last year I saw that Yakima and Thule both had products you could attach to the area where the sliding doors open and lock in place. I have seen these on other vans as well. Did they both discontinue these since they dont see to be available anymore. I would like to carry kayaks on my roof but wanted to find an add-on rack of some kind. Thanks much for you time,
asked by: Gary H
I went ahead and did some research on your 2013 Dodge Grand Caravan with sliding doors, and unfortunately those racks have been discontinued. Although it is not definite about why Thule and Yakima discontinued those racks, I did discuss with my fitguide expert that manufacturers did have fitment issues associated with the sliding doors on your Caravan.
With that being said, I have a great solution for you. For the absolute best option, I recommend the SeaSucker Monkey Bars # 298-SX6000B. The Monkey Bars come with the easiest installation and removal process out of any roof rack we carry here at etrailer. The Monkey Bars come with an impressive 150-pound maximum weight capacity which is plenty for transporting your kayaks. I went ahead and attached a video that shows the true strength of the SeaSucker vacuum cups. For theft-deterrence, I recommend using the etrailer cable lock # e98891 and the SeaSucker Cable Anchor for Cable Lock - Window Mounted # 298-BA0010. As with all roof-mounted accessories, I recommend confirming with your vehicle's owner's manual that your roof can handle the combined weight of the cargo you wish to transport.
As far as the kayak carrier, I recommend the Rhino-Rack 2 Kayak Carrier w/ Tie-Downs - J-Style - Folding # S512-S512X. Not only does the Rhino-Rack 2 fold when not in use, it comes with all straps required to transport 2 kayaks. Most other kayak carriers require you to purchase additional straps. The carrier attaches to the 1-1/4 diameter crossbars of the Monkey Bars with no issues.
Your answer has been submitted!
Products Referenced in This Question
- Accessories and Parts
- Roof Bike Racks
- Trunk Bike Racks
- Lock Parts
more information >
- Cable Locks
- Utility Lock
- Keyed Alike
- 10 Feet Long
more information >
- Watersport Carriers
- Roof Mount Carrier
- Aero Bars
- Elliptical Bars
- Factory Bars
- Round Bars
- Side Loading
- Clamp On
- No Load Assist
- Rhino Rack
more information >
Featured Help Information
Similar Expert Q&A Pages
- How To Lock The SeaSucker Monkey Bars Roof Rack To A Vehicle
- Can The Vacuum Cups on the SeaSucker Monkey Bars Mount Vertically on the Back of My Camper?
- Recommended Roof Rack for 2012 Toyota Sienna with Naked Roof
- Roof Rack For 2019 Toyota RAV4 with Flush Rails for Carrying Yakima Skybox 18
- Recommended Roof Rack For 2019 Hyundai Santa Fe With Naked Roof
- Height Of SeaSucker Monkey Bars Roof Rack # 298-SX6000B To Bottom of Crossbar
- Floor Mats, Trailer Hitch, and Roof Rack Recommendations for a 2021 Tesla Model Y
- Warranty and Strength of SeaSucker Monkey Bars Roof Rack
- Can Straps be Used to Secure Cargo To SeaSucker Roof Rack
- Recommendations for Roof Rack for a 2013 Dodge Grand Caravan with Naked Roof
- Roof Rack for 2019 Tesla Model S with Glass Roof and No Roof Fixtures
- Roof Rack and Kayak Carrier Recommended for 2013 Mini Countryman
- What is the Diameter of the Seasucker Monkey Rack Vacuum Sucker Cup?
- Does SeaSucker Monkey Bars # 298-SX6000B Need to Be Removed to Go Through Carwash
- Roof Rack Recommendation For 2020 BMW X3 That Works Easily With Other Vehicles
- Recommended Roof Rack for 2010 Jeep Liberty with Flush Side Rails
- Roof Rack for 2018 Toyota Highlander LE to Mount Kayak Carrier
- Roof Rack Option For Minnie Winnie Camper
- Can The Front and Rear Bars For the SeaSucker Monkey Bars Roof Rack # 298-SX6000B Be Switched?
- Best Ski and Snowboard Carrier To Use With SeaSucker Monkey Bars
- Recommended Roof Rack For A 2000 Chevrolet Astro Conversion Van
- What Roof Rack do You Recommend for a 2022 Toyota RAV4 with Flush Rails and No Fixed Mounting Points
- Roof rack for 2014 Honda Odyssey
- Will the SeaSucker Monkey Bars Work with My Leer Camper Shell?
- Will Temperature Affect SeaSucker Suction and Is It Compatible With The Thule Portage
- Can I Use A Yakima Round Crossbar With SeaSucker Vacuum Cups
- Recommended Roof Rack For 2001 Volkswagen GTI With Naked Roof
- Roof Rack for 2020 Mazda CX-5 Lease Vehicle That Is Easily Removable
- Roof Rack For 2017 Tesla Model X to Carry Kayaks