bing tracking image
Q & A Icon

Can I Switch My Draw-Tite Gooseneck Model 9465-40 from my 1995 Silverado to a 2002 Silverado?


I have a draw tite gooseneck hitch in an 1995 Silverado I bought from y’all. I now have a 2002 Silverado. Is there a rail kit I can buy to swap my gooseneck hitch over to newer truck and use the same center ball portion?


Expert Reply:

I have a gooseneck answer for you. I looked up your order with us, and it looks like you ordered the Draw-Tite model 9465-40 for your 1995 Chevy Silverado. Unfortunately, since gooseneck hitches and mounting hardware/rail kits are vehicle specific, so there is no way to transfer the gooseneck to your 2002 Chevy Silverado. With that being said, even if there were a way to transfer the gooseneck to your 2002 Silverado, there most likely won't be a compatible option since the 9465-40 has been discontinued from Draw-Tite.

The best route forward is to purchase a new gooseneck that is made specifically for a 2002 Silverado. In order to proceed with this option, feel free to respond to this answer with the submodel of your Silverado (i.e, 1500, 2500, 3500, HD or LD) as well as the bed size, and I will be happy to make a compatible recommendation for you.

expert reply by:

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Q & A Icon

Similar Expert Q&A Pages

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>