bing tracking image
Q & A Icon

Parts Needed To Add Sway Control To Camping Trailer For Single Highway Trip


I have air bags on the rear of my truck. I am pulling camping trailer 1 time for 350 miles on interstate. Do I need just sway control or do i need the whole system? Thanks


Expert Reply:

As you have the air bags on your 2014 Ford F-150 to level your truck when towing the camping trailer you will only need to add a sway control. As you mentioned you are only towing the trailer once the best option is to use a Curt Friction Sway Control # 17200. This will require you to use a Curt Ball Mount w/ Sway Control Tab # D320, and either a 2" Hitch Ball # A-90 or 2-5/16" Hitch Ball # C40005 to match the trailer coupler. The sway bar must be removed before backing up or doing any tight maneuvering with the trailer.

expert reply by:
Gregory M

Products Referenced in This Question

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Q & A Icon

Similar Expert Q&A Pages

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>