bing tracking image
Q & A Icon

Can Rota-Flex Pin Box be Converted to Gooseneck Hitch


I have a trail air rota flex hitch in my camper and I need to convert it to a gooseneck. Do you sell an adapter that will work with this hitch ? Or can I take the rubber mat off and drill 4 holes in it to mount an aftermarket. Then reassemble the hitch with the adapter ?


Expert Reply:

There is not a way to convert a Rota-Flex to a gooseneck and please do not drill any holes in the king pin and mount something else. You'll need to replace the Rota-Flex with a Reese Goose Box, and that will simply depend on the original pin box model from the trailer:

- Lippert 0719, 1621 and 1621HD: Reese Goose Box 5th-Wheel-to-Gooseneck Air Ride Coupler Adapter - 16,000 lbs # RP94716 or 20,000 lbs # RP94720

- Lippert 0115, 1116 and 1716: Reese Goose Box 5th-Wheel-to-Gooseneck Air Ride Coupler Adapter # RP94716-61301

There are a couple of ways to do this, the first being to find the model number on a sticker or a plate somewhere on the pin box itself. However, if that sticker or plate is not there, the other way to find out what pin box you have is by taking a few measurements. I have added a link below to a help article called "4 Steps to Choosing Your 5th Wheel Pin Box" and if you scroll down a bit in the article, it walks you through the measurements that are needed.

expert reply by:
Kyle S

Products Referenced in This Question

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Q & A Icon

Similar Expert Q&A Pages

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>