Troubleshooting Buzzing Noise Coming From RoadMaster InvisiBrake
Today I had the tow car out for errands and for the first time I heard a very loud buzzing noise behind me while driving. It happened about 6 times on a 10 mile three stops errand run. Each time I tried to stop get out of the car and figure out the source of the sound. Finally was able to and it was the invisibrake which sits under the 2nd row seat on the driver side. I felt it and it was shaking and buzzing very loud. We need this for a long planned expensive trip in about a month, so Im hoping we can figure this out and get it fixed quickly.
asked by: John E
Helpful Expert Reply:
I have a solution for you.
I talked to RoadMaster about your Roadmaster InvisiBrake Supplemental Braking System # RM-8700and the problem is going to be in the wiring. A common place to look first is going to be the front plug.
You probably have some moisture in there causing a short. Or some of the wires themselves are touching and shorting out.
You can water proof the connection points with some Dielectric Grease for Electrical Connectors, 2 oz. # 11755. Or tape it up nice and tight with some electrical tape.
If this does not help check the wiring for pinched or cut wires that may be shorting out the system.
If you can't find the solution remove the fuse from the positive battery post and have a licensed technician look at it.
Products Referenced in This Question
- Accessories and Parts
- Trailer Wiring
- Dielectric Grease
more information >
- Tow Bar Braking Systems
- Brake Systems
- Pre-Set System
- One Time Set-Up
- Fixed System
- Power Assist Brake Compatible
- Air Brakes
- Hydraulic Brakes
more information >
Featured Help Information
- Shop: Vehicle Tow Bar Wiring
- Shop: BrakeBuddy Towed Vehicle Battery Charge Line Kit
- Video: BrakeBuddy Towed Vehicle Battery Charge Kit Review
- Shop: Roadmaster Universal Hy-Power Diode Wiring Kit
- Shop: Vehicle Tow Bar Brake System
- Shop: Roadmaster InvisiBrake Flat Tow Brake System - Preset
- Search Results: roadmaster invisibrake
- Search Results: motorhome mud flaps
- Search Results: rock guard tow protector
- Shop: Base Plate for Tow Bar
- Shop: Roadmaster Direct-Connect Base Plate Kit - Removable Arms
- Shop: Roadmaster Guardian Rock Guard for Towed Vehicles
- Shop: Blue Ox KarGard Protective Shield for Towed Vehicles
- Shop: Roadmaster Tow Defender Protective Screen for Towed Vehicles
- Video: Roadmaster Direct-Connect Base Plate Kit Installation - 2020 Jeep Wrangler
- Q&A: Is Towed Vehicle Battery Charge Kit Needed With Roadmaster Invisibrake
- Search Results: diode wiring kit
- Q&A: Is the Roadmaster Invisibrake a Proportional Braking System
- Search Results: rm~751490
- Video: Roadmaster Stop Light Switch Kit Review
- Video: Roadmaster Stop Light Switch Kit Installation - 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
- Video: Roadmaster Stop Light Switch Kit Installation - 2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
- Video: Roadmaster InvisiBrake Braking System Installation - 2021 Jeep Wrangler
- Q&A: Towed Ford Explorer Battery is Dead After A few Hours of Flat Towing Behind Itasca Motorhome
- Q&A: Does Roadmaster Invisibrake System RM-8700 Compressor Run Continuously
- Q&A: Keeping Your Battery Charged While Using The Roadmaster Invisibrake
- Q&A: Installing the Roadmaster InvisiBrake Supplemental Braking System on 2021 Jeep Wrangler
- Q&A: How Does Monitor Light for Roadmaster Invisibrake Wire to Towed Vehicle
- Search Results: roadmaster tow defender
- Search Results: brush guard